Scents Worth

Options
2»

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,993 Member
    Options
    It works the complete opposite for me, unfortunately, If I smell something delicious, my brain bugs me for a while until I eat it.

Me too. My son gave me a cocoa scented candle at Christmas. It really made me crave chocolate..
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002L6E1E2/ref=sr_ph_1_s_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1491102929&sr=sr-1&keywords=Amrita+Moderation&th=1

Well, I buckled down and did a scant bit of research. A company named Amrita Aromatherapy makes a blend of essential oils called "Moderation of Appetite." For $10 on Amazon, I thought it was worth a try, and I'll report back if it "works."

MaddMaestro: It has pink grapefruit in it, so I think you've explored this a bit?

I'm trying to learn to eat more mindfully, and I actually think that just about anything you do to distract yourself for 5-10 minutes will help you avoid giving in to a craving. And deep breathing, with or without essential oils, will calm you and help you work through whatever is going on so you don't need to medicate yourself with food.

In any case, a pleasant aroma never hurt, right?
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    It works the complete opposite for me, unfortunately, If I smell something delicious, my brain bugs me for a while until I eat it.

Me too. My son gave me a cocoa scented candle at Christmas. It really made me crave chocolate..

Yeah, that's not good! I live a few miles from a chocolate factory, and some days I can smell it in town, or even outside my house. It is so awesome, but makes me crave chocolate. It's funny, because as I drive down the street, I can see people smelling it and reacting.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    le-whif-breathable-chocolate-coffee-5.jpg

Is this for real? Or for April Fools?

It's a real thing. You inhale and it gives you the scent and taste of chocolate butt without any calories.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Is chocolate-orange your favorite food? Orange might be easy to find, but I've never heard of a chocolate scented candle...

Then I guess you've never been to a Yankee Candle store! ;)

Same here! Bath & Body Works makes a salted caramel candle that literally makes my mouth water.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Great - I now have an excuse for the large quantity of wine I drank last night. I was burning a Cabernet scented candle yesterday!

We had a sugar cookie scented candle last year that smelled wonderful, but it really did make me crave sugar cookies. Like my brain got the message from my nose that some were coming and told my stomach to be ready. Glad it was one of the small candles and not a big one that lasts forever.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Is chocolate-orange your favorite food? Orange might be easy to find, but I've never heard of a chocolate scented candle...

Oh. I didn't realize you were making candles.

Yeah, I have been known to eat an entire chocolate orange in one sitting.

LOL! I'm definitely not making candles. Unfortunately, I don't have the patience for that sort of thing. I always wanted to be the kind who grows tomatoes and cans and sews curtains and weaves baskets, but alas, my only talents are music and shopping.

I have no idea what a chocolate orange is...

Oh lol Sorry. The candle talk threw me off.

Anyway, this is a chocolate orange.

terry's2-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq4cHFBfxHqfroyKoKkNhhsIOb6wYDoBFLKDEGDsm5ADg.jpg

6816_XXX_v1.tif&wid=650&cvt=jpeg

We used to get them at stocking stuffers on Christmas when I was a kid. I don't think they're an American thing but they always have them at Walmart.

Now look what you've done:

Product Title
    Terry's Dark Chocolate Orange 6.17 oz (Pack of 12)
    Price$56.99Out of stock
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that would so not work for me. I once bought the Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion because I like the scent of vanilla. Turns out it just made me want to eat my own arm. I wanted sugar cookies ALL DAY. I had to give the bottle away. :/
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »

Yeah, that's not good! I live a few miles from a chocolate factory, and some days I can smell it in town, or even outside my house. It is so awesome, but makes me crave chocolate. It's funny, because as I drive down the street, I can see people smelling it and reacting.

My ex used to live near a commercial bakery (Tip Top). Needless to say, I ate lots of bread!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

It's a real thing. You inhale and it gives you the scent and taste of chocolate butt without any calories.

Yum.

When I'm stressed and really want to eat to calm down but am fighting it, I go smell chocolate and it eases the urge for a while.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

Yum.

When I'm stressed and really want to eat to calm down but am fighting it, I go smell chocolate and it eases the urge for a while.

:lol:

Oops!