Ridiculous logging

Options
13»

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I truly didn't mean to offend anyone. I really wanted to know what you personally log, not what anyone thinks "should" our should not be logged. I posted this because a friend and We're joking about if we could log the calories for the walk to the fridge! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: so sorry if anyone misunderstood my intentions or felt judged. I just wanted to know what you would feel ridiculous logging for yourself.

Depends on how far away the fridge is. If it's halfway across town, then go for it. :laugh:
  • Life0fbrian
    Life0fbrian Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Depending on your level of fitness, if its strenuous i would say log it, for me mowing the yard isnt that easy so i will log that, doing house chores i will not log that, only something that takes a lot of energy away i will log.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I walked 37miles yesterday. I logged it via fitbit. I always log my walking, ALWAYS. I walk to the supermarket every ay, it's a good 10-12000 steps just there & back. I log it. I do 30,000 steps a day minimum. I log it. It's a daily thing for me but I log it. Otherwise I get to eat 1200 a day & with the amount I burn that would put me about -2000 net easy.

I log it. Others would say cause it's a 'daily' thing that it does not count. Anything that is above sleeping or sitting counts.
  • wyogal79
    wyogal79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm a CNA and I log my work activity if only I'm busting my butt that day and actually sweat and I only log about 2 hours of it. When I first started mfp I did log the whole 7.5 hours at work, but I thought that was a little much. Mostly I just log my extra exercises and I do log cleaning if its over an hour. I think it just depends on the person and how much they do in a day.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I sit a lot as a student, and MFP is set for me as sedentary, plus...when I clean....its insane.....so I log it aahahha
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I think people can just log whatever s working for them. I hate when people say "but cleaning is something you do daily so why log it" yet people exercise daily & log it. If it's still part of your daily routine it's still part of your day. Regardless if you do it every day or not. If it works for you then go for it. People have no right to tell someone what not to log.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I generally only log stuff I actually consider an exercise. I have my pedometer, so when I'm at the grocery store or roaming my house the steps always get counted. If I don't break a sweat, I don't log it.
  • Katiedid717
    Katiedid717 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I only log housework if it's something like rearranging all of the furniture, full floor-to-ceiling scrubdown, etc - for example, back in March I spent 19 hours painting, rearranging, sweeping, mopping, rearranging again, etc.. I don't log my weekly touchups - an hour with the windex and the vacuum just really doesn't cut it!

I live in an apartment. now, but when I was growing up there was a huge difference between watering the plants and doing yardwork - one was 15 minutes of lugging a watering can around the yard, the other was pulling weeds, pruning shrubs, vigorous raking, carting things out to the woods, etc.

I think it really goes on a case-by-case basis.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit so I don't log anything. And I have it set at higher than sedentary so it doesn't give me much of an adjustment.

I'm not sure at this point that I'd really log anything without it though either... I'm not a big burner so it's not really worth it.