Bulking and Cutting Progress

Options

Replies

• antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    proof that weight 'gain can be a good thing! Awesome job ladies!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Well this bulk has come and gone. I gained 12 lbs total (125-137lbs). Feeling a little bit bigger.. but still good!

Just for fun I put my second post-bulk photo to compare to my pre-bulk and first post-bulk.. interesting! I am a lot larger but I am sure it will come down when I cut! :)

gbzjhj9dcfcl.jpg
  • AmbitiousButRubbish
    AmbitiousButRubbish Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Well this bulk has come and gone. I gained 12 lbs total (125-137lbs). Feeling a little bit bigger.. but still good!

Just for fun I put my second post-bulk photo to compare to my pre-bulk and first post-bulk.. interesting! I am a lot larger but I am sure it will come down when I cut! :)

gbzjhj9dcfcl.jpg

Looking great in all of them. Good luck!
  • sardelsa
    Options

gbzjhj9dcfcl.jpg

Looking great in all of them. Good luck!

Thank you! :)
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Commenting so I can find this later and be held responsible.

Pre bulk I was 134, ended bulk at 147lbs (12-16 weeks, fine 12 week bulk, 4 week lazy maintenance trying to cut) finally on the cut wagon and want to get back down to 135 then will post up pics. :)
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Awesome @sunflowerhippi .. can't wait to see photos. I have no doubt your results are and will be spectacular ;)
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    @sardelsa Holy crap your legs are amazing!
  • sardelsa
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »

Thank you! I mean, I was focusing on lower body (glutes) for the duration of my bulk, plus most of my weight tends to migrate down there, while my upper body still looks pretty lean. Hopefully I will have nice sculpted legs and glutes by the end of my cut.. fingers crossed!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

Thank you! I mean, I was focusing on lower body (glutes) for the duration of my bulk, plus most of my weight tends to migrate down there, while my upper body still looks pretty lean. Hopefully I will have nice sculpted legs and glutes by the end of my cut.. fingers crossed!

Have you got a goal/timeframe for your cut? Or will it be until you're happy with what the mirror shows?
  • sardelsa
    Options

Have you got a goal/timeframe for your cut? Or will it be until you're happy with what the mirror shows?

@trigden1991 not really.. I am hoping to be at goal by July or so.. but ya it's more of a "I'll know when I get there" type goal. Then after I will hang out at maintenance for a bit then decide on my next steps.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new to this thread. I am currently doing Stronglift 5x5 and swinging heavy kettle bells. I am at approximately 19% body fat or less. I have 5 pounds of fat to remove until I reach my first body composition goal which is removing as much body fat as possible before I start training to build muscle. I have been lifting for two years now mainly to maintain strength and muscle during a deficit. I guess a really long cut! I'm hoping that there are people on here that are experience with what to do next! My lifting numbers are not impressive due to the fact I have been lifting at a deficit I really don't have the extra energy to increase lift amounts. I'm eating a Keto diet which has really helped with fat removal. Now it's time for me to prepare to build muscle and I have no idea what to do! Any advice would be appreciated.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    I thought I would bump this thread since some of us are near the end of our cuts ... anyone have progress to share?
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Wowwww @Keladelphia your progress is amazing! #Bodygoals!! Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing. Good luck at your meet in October!! :)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    kiahz_ wrote: »
    Any tips for adding mass to glutes? Working them and eating right isn't working for me

Squats and barbell hip thrusts.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

gbzjhj9dcfcl.jpg

Great job! Shows what patience and dedication can do. You look fabulous!! :)
  • sardelsa
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »

gbzjhj9dcfcl.jpg

Great job! Shows what patience and dedication can do. You look fabulous!! :)

Thank you so much! Oh wow just looking at that photo from April I am so much leaner now, I will have to post progress photos when I am done with this cut in a few weeks
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Wowwww @Keladelphia your progress is amazing! #Bodygoals!! Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing. Good luck at your meet in October!! :)

Thank you so much :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    kiahz_ wrote: »
    Any tips for adding mass to glutes? Working them and eating right isn't working for me

Squats and barbell hip thrusts.

After my recent experiences, I'd add conventional deadlifts pulled from a 4" deficit to this as well. Jesus, my poor *kitten* has never had to work so hard. 5x5 at 70% of my floor TM, and my upper glutes are screaming in ways that I didn't know were possible for me.
  • CarlsbergLewis
    CarlsbergLewis Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Last year I started my first ever bulk.
    Started At 185lbs (July 2016)
    Post bulk - 235lbs (June 2017)
    Currently cutting and down to 207lbs.

I'd certainly do things differently next time and slow bulk rather than eat everything in sight.