Intermittent fasting

Options
If I quit eating anything by 4:30 pm and don't touch a thing until 6:30 am the following morning is that considered intermittent fasting? I hate eating at night and from what I've read that's usually the time to eat but then fast most of the day,any advice appreciated

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Does it matter what it's called? Or if it's called anything? If that's what you like to do... Keep doing it!
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    You can eat at any time that is best for you. Time doesn't matter, as long as it's semi consistent, otherwise you'd be fasting more or less depending on your feeding times.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's hardly considered intermittent fasting, but intermittent fasting is just a silly name for a normal (in)activity, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    What type of advice are you looking for? I do IF, but my time to eat is between 2 - 8 pm. I only do it because it helps to control my hunger. It doesn't matter what you call it. If it works for you, just keep it up.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's called 14:10 intermittent fasting.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

IF is usually fasting 16 and an eating window of 8 hr but there are other splits. Yours just seems like a normal eating pattern.

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options

IF is usually fasting 16 and an eating window of 8 hr but there are other splits. Yours just seems like a normal eating pattern.

That's not true, 14:10 is sometimes recommended for women instead of 16:8
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »

That's not true, 14:10 is sometimes recommended for women instead of 16:8

As I mentioned there are other splits:).
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If I quit eating anything by 4:30 pm and don't touch a thing until 6:30 am the following morning is that considered intermittent fasting? I hate eating at night and from what I've read that's usually the time to eat but then fast most of the day,any advice appreciated

Sure. IF can be whatever you want. It get's easier the more you do it. I like dinner. So I'll skip breakfast which is easy. Sometimes lunch too. When I made it 24 hours it felt like a huge accomplishment. Then I did 48 hours. Then 6 days. Stay hydrated and use bullion to replenish salt. Most of the bad things about fasting are just untrue. Careful, though, if you take medication. Fasting for a few days radically drops your blood pressure and glucose.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, I just hear all the benefits of fasting but during the day I have bad blood sugar fluctuations that make it nearly impossible for me to skip meals,maybe cuz I'm more active during the day? In the evening I just kind of chill out and blood sugar stays pretty level,I'm new to all of this,usually I just eat whatever/whenever but its not getting me to my goals