4 Months in with weight training

Options
AllyS7
AllyS7 Posts: 483 Member
edited April 2017 in Success Stories
I've done this yo-yo dieting with cardio routine waaaay too many times to count. I was tired and cranky.

I started lifting 5xs a week in Jan of this year and do sprinkle in some cardio on some days. Before I hadn't done an Olympic lift but now I absolutely love the barbell. It has changed my body so much faster than my constant running.

I just want to hopefully inspire anyone who hasn't ever lifted to find a trainer/coach and throw some weights!

SW:140lbs : JAN 2017
CW: 120lbs : APRIL 2017
GW: I don't know!2edsid48y0dv.jpg

Replies

• jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wow! Very inspiring!! You look awesome. Can I ask what kind of lifting program you used? What kind of deficit did you eat at?
  • AllyS7
    edited April 2017
    Options
    jnomadica wrote: »
    Wow! Very inspiring!! You look awesome. Can I ask what kind of lifting program you used? What kind of deficit did you eat at?

I have MFP set at .5lb loss a week. I do eat back my exercise calories on days when I'm hungry and less when I'm not.

Since Jan I have been doing CrossFit. At first I could barely do a sit-up or a knee push-up! However, everything is scaled and slowly I have been improving!

We have a barbell club at my box that focuses Olympic lifts. I love doing it. My favorite lifts are snatches, front squats and cleans.
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This is truly inspiring!! Thank you for sharing, and I hope you'll keep us updated as time goes on!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Great job!!! You look amazing!

I agree 100%. I was a cardio bunny for many years and I hated weight lifting with a passion until my new Bootcamp instructor (who is a body builder) started training us and forcing me to lift weights and lift heavy. I ABSOLUTELY loveeeeee lifting. My body has made a major transformation to where people are noticing and asking me what I do. I tell them weight lifting and of course MFP lol.

I still run because I just love running but I spend more time lifting now and I am cracked out on it!
  • AllyS7
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Great job!!! You look amazing!

I agree 100%. I was a cardio bunny for many years and I hated weight lifting with a passion until my new Bootcamp instructor (who is a body builder) started training us and forcing me to lift weights and lift heavy. I ABSOLUTELY loveeeeee lifting. My body has made a major transformation to where people are noticing and asking me what I do. I tell them weight lifting and of course MFP lol.

I still run because I just love running but I spend more time lifting now and I am cracked out on it!

I'm right there with you. I still do enjoy some cardio, but I get so excited to lift!
  • BeauNash
    BeauNash Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! Incredible transformation in 4m.
  • EndoDiet05
    EndoDiet05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!! What an inspirational transformation!!!!
    I would love to start weights i just dont know where to start i get completely lost looking into it.

Fantastic, well done!!
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! How long do you spend at the gym?
  • AllyS7
    Options
    linsey0689 wrote: »
    Wow you look great! How long do you spend at the gym?

An hour or less. Usually around 45 min. Some days (weekends) I'll do some trail walking or take the kids/dogs for a walk that would be much longer.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    ooooo, nice muscles :smiley: well done.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I can't believe that was only 4 months!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! You look great.
  • mrswiggum
    mrswiggum Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a fantastic transformation, especially in just a few months. Way to go!
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing. And here I am trying to get "in shape" before I start cross fit, thanks for the inspiration. I'm not going to wait, I'm just going to join. Thanks again, keep it up!
  • AllyS7
    Options
    onward1 wrote: »
    Wow, amazing. And here I am trying to get "in shape" before I start cross fit, thanks for the inspiration. I'm not going to wait, I'm just going to join. Thanks again, keep it up!

Definitely don't wait! The people are the best part! I'm on vacation this week and trying to workout by myself and it's waaaaay less fun.
  • fit_knitter
    fit_knitter Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • AllyS7
    Options
    You look awesome!

Thank you so much!
  • Kilika735
    Kilika735 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic transformation! You look so healthy and strong!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!