4 Months in with weight training

Options
13»

Replies

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Awesome! What lifting program are you doing?
  • gyp5012
    gyp5012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ahhh! I just purchased 2 months of unlimited Crossfit classes on Groupon and you got me so excited to give it a try! Do you follow a certain diet plan or just staying within your calories on MFP?
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Holy balls. That is so impressive and inspiring. I think this confirms it, I need to get into weight training.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I'm working with a trainer at the moment but he's going to go overseas soon. He thought I was nuts when I said I've decided to start crossfit when he goes. After reading this thread I think its a great idea.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Awesome! What lifting program are you doing?

I do Crossfit every day M-F. We have a barbell/OLY Lift focus the first half of the class and then we usually do a meta conditioning portion the second half!

• AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 483 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    gyp5012 wrote: »
    Ahhh! I just purchased 2 months of unlimited Crossfit classes on Groupon and you got me so excited to give it a try! Do you follow a certain diet plan or just staying within your calories on MFP?

@gyp5012 No real eating plan!

I just try to stay in my calorie range!
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Impressive! Looking good!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    This is amazing. I am still scared of lifting too before I lose some of my weight. Even though I have been this same weight before and MUCH smaller (and stronger!) from lifting heavyish in group exercise classes twice a week. Thanks for the invaluable reminder that I don't have to be a scared "cardio bunny" lol.
  • 2Luverly
    2Luverly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Truly inspirational!! You look fabulous!!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    You look great. I'm saving up at the moment to start crossfit at the end of the year - right now I'm enjoying running and am getting into open-water swimming, but you've confirmed for me that crossfit will help me get the body I want. Not sure I can do 5 days a week though!!! (Partly as I do other stuff)
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    WOW! Very inspiring, thank you for sharing. Also, really good to hear you aren't following any specific eating plan other than staying in your calorie range. That is music to my ears. I've been driving past a Cross Fit place on my morning commute to work. Maybe I need to stop in there to check out what it is all about. Thanks again and congratulations on your success!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Would love to learn more about your routine & diet. I've been using weight machines & tracking food (currently at a deficit). I've definitely increased in overall strength, I'm just not seeing the results. My mood is elevated, handling stress better, very sore muscles though & a little discouraged I'm not seeing the results. Your pics are very inspirational :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!