Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

You're worst dating nightmare...

1235»

Replies

• lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    This thread is NOT making me feel better about getting back to dating :/
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    I tried online dating when I was 19. After talking to a guy for a month we agreed to meet up at a bowling alley for a date. I asked a guy who was a good friend of mine to go with me just in case he turned out to be a creep.

I'm so glad I did because when I showed up to the bowling alley he had two other guys with him. On top of that, his profile must have been from several years ago because he didn't look nearly as attractive. We played a couple of games with them and made an excuse that I had to be at work early the next day. If I would have went by myself, I'm positive I would have been raped. It scared the hell out of me and I never went on another online date again.

Then he called me threatening suicide when I aid I didn't want to go on a second date.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Dude went ON AND ON about having a master's in accounting, how women generally used him for money, and read me a list of questions from his phone. Huge *kitten*. He later revealed that he was unemployed and living with his parents after low-key calling me a gold digger. Yeah... he was 42.
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    edited April 2017
    Dude went ON AND ON about having a master's in accounting, how women generally used him for money, and read me a list of questions from his phone. Huge *kitten*. He later revealed that he was unemployed and living with his parents after low-key calling me a gold digger. Yeah... he was 42.

LOL. Bit of a 180....
    There does seem to be a lot of BS on dating type places. Property developers end up being mortgaged to their eyeballs living in 1 bed studio apartments so suddenly they call themselves 'landlords'. Managing directors happen to end up being self employed plumbers/tradespeople running a 1-person operation from their garage. Nothing against it but if you're a dustbin man why call yourself an environmental waste disposal engineer.

Woke up in a sweat/panic because I dreamed I was a "start-up" "innovator" and "people connector!" Took Xanax off my business card to calm down.

• IVMay
    ^

I have always had an issue with that. I run into guys and they go - I am SVP of xx from yy. And they hand me their card asking for a meetup. Then I find out the entire company has less than 20 people and he is the SVP.

And I go to networking events and guys tell me they are entrepreneurs and then they end up sucking up and spilling the beans they are looking for investors. During the day they wait tables, some are dog walkers and others are "actors".

I suppose it's commendable that people are trying and projecting a want of success. It's a positive outlook nevertheless but the levels of delusion can reach epic proportions to the point of being off-putting to others. I think some people like that are in danger of believing it to the point of self-destructive behaviour and laziness due to a perception of having accomplished a goal which is quite clearly not achieved in any way shape or form!
  • IVMay
    IVMay wrote: »
    ^

I have always had an issue with that. I run into guys and they go - I am SVP of xx from yy. And they hand me their card asking for a meetup. Then I find out the entire company has less than 20 people and he is the SVP.

And I go to networking events and guys tell me they are entrepreneurs and then they end up sucking up and spilling the beans they are looking for investors. During the day they wait tables, some are dog walkers and others are "actors".

I suppose it's commendable that people are trying and projecting a want of success. It's a positive outlook nevertheless but the levels of delusion can reach epic proportions to the point of being off-putting to others. I think some people like that are in danger of believing it to the point of self-destructive behaviour and laziness due to a perception of having accomplished a goal which is quite clearly not achieved in any way shape or form!
    I agree it's commendable but the next hour they are in a tinder date with one of the women who are disclosing their experiences here. In NYC, posers are in the millions.

LOL I can imagine. I enjoyed New York when I was there for work but Christ you're spot on with that. There's a lot of decent people, too and the locals are actually down to earth.

I noticed that most of the idiots were what my colleagues would call bridge and tunnel. Apparantly their version of eating out was comparing yelp ratings rather than Zagat. Great place to live but it's so easy to get 'lost' in a certain culture.
  • IVMay
    You're probably right about that. Mind you I have come across women who are in seedier types of a certain industry than they let on for financial reasons and you can't blame them lying about it due to the stigma attached. Everybody has their own coping mechanisms, I suppose.

I agree about the alpha male thing. But the whole stalking/rejection aftermath is disgusting and you're practically putting somebody in fear for their safety given all the horror stories and crimes of 'passion' - even if there was no passion to begin with. Grown *kitten* people acting like petulant children and pretend they're perfectly innocent when called out on it.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    my brother set me up with a girl..i didn't see any pics...i jumped into her car she drove like mad....i wasn't happy the whole time...
  • IVMay
    lol. It does.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Being Friend zoned-- more like acquaintance-zoned, but getting the occasional, "Hey I'm out with someone right now and I don't like him. Can you come get me?"
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    That sounds like an uber ride.

0 stars.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Not the worst, but memorably creepy: Guy shows me photo album of topless ex-girlfriends and gal-pals. This was in the olden days when people had photo albums. Can only imagine what he's showing first dates these days.

Plus he had feathered hair and a humongous ego. I did not find him attractive in the least, but his self-admiration was enough to cover both of us... plus all the topless women proved his desirability. Barf.