In your opinion, what's the most difficult part about losing weight?

Options
I'm curious. I'm right on the edge of losing my first 20 pounds of my 100 pound goal weight loss journey. In your opinion, what's been the the most difficult part of your weight loss journey?

For me it's keeping control on eating healthy and sticking to my diet plan while family and friends around me indulge in all the foods I use to regularly eat

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Hardest part? Hmm. I still eat the same foods that I used to (yay for chocolate, pizza and cheese puffs!) so I'd have to say the "hardest" part for me is making sure that I prelog my day in advance to make sure I get enough protien even though it's not even that hard.
  • GoddessofBody
    GoddessofBody Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Watching how many calories I actually consume on a daily basis by far is the hardest. Working out regularly is so easy because it takes no more than an hour or 90 minutes at most and I have an affinity for athletic activity anyway. However, most of my waking hours are going to dictate how many calories are actually consumed. I enjoy eating more healthily than not anyway, but I need to really pay attention to my energy input.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me is not being able to eat however much when i want.

I'd say that is the answer for most people. Certainly is for me.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Patience. Defiantly patience. I only ever did crash type diet before and I was used to seeing results relatively quickly. Of course it was never a lifestyle change ao I gained it back. But now I know I could go weeks and not see change even though I'm sticking to plan.

The other part is unsurety. I live in a country where 80% of meals are eaten out at small roadside booths and of course there is no nutritional info and you can only guess how it is prepared. I can't weigh my food and essentially have to just watch my results and hope I'm Tracking right. Which makes the stalls harder because I'm not sure if it's just a normal stall or a sign I've been tracking inaccurately.
  • altairego21
    altairego21 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    the hardest part for me is balancing my marcos. I always seem to be eating alot more carbs and a lot less protein
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Patience. I'm used to fad diets that makes the weight come off faster.

But I try to acknowledge that this is just the way I need to eat so it's not slow its just the way it is.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    After I lost the weight ... the difficult part is trying to balance long distance cycling with my caloric needs and thus maintaining my weight while still having the energy to do the long distance cycling.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Eating less, I didn't need to change how I ate - just the quantity.

I like food and don't like the feeling of being restricted.
    But in the end it was only for a (relatively) short period and was something I just had to endure.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    For me it has been wading through the confusion and seeing through the lies I've been force fed through the years. Oh, and losing weight wasn't really that difficult, even with the lies and deception - because you can do anything for a limited amount of time - but keeping it off was impossible until I got things sorted out.

Eating healthy and sticking to my plan isn't difficult now, because a healthy diet isn't strange or restricitve, but something that is easy to stick to, and I know I can eat what I want, when I want to, so I do that.