In your opinion, what's the most difficult part about losing weight?

Options

Replies

• TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Going out to eat! I can easily blow through 2000-2500 cals at a Mexican food restaurant with the chips etc and easily undo my deficit as a small person (5'0 with 30lbs to lose). It's not very hard when I'm in my normal routine at work or home when it's easier to control my food. Patience is the other thing...it takes months to get 10-15 lbs off and only a month for me to gain it back if I get off track and 10-15lbs makes a huge difference on a short girl!
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Even though i'm doing this in the easiest way possible, just having to pay attention feels like a burden sometimes. The hardest thing for me is after experiencing success for a while, especially at a milestone like 20 lbs lost, I feel like I "deserve" a day or week of mindlessness.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me was purging my whole wardrobe. :/
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Trying to be patient with myself and learn that losing weight can be a long process. Just because I'm not where I want to be yet doesn't mean that I won't get there eventually
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    For me, the hardest part is letting family understand that even though they accommodate a healthy cooked meal for me when they invite me over, they still don't understand that I need to weigh and consume a certain amount of calories, and its tough to say no to family when they invite you over 3 days a week.
  • Kimaw65
    Kimaw65 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Eating less, I didn't need to change how I ate - just the quantity.

I like food and don't like the feeling of being restricted.
    But in the end it was only for a (relatively) short period and was something I just had to endure.

This right here is exactly how I feel. I am starting over again after falling off the wagon for a couple of years and gained back almost all of the weight I had lost originally. This time I am determined to stay on that damned wagon for the entire ride
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Sticking to eating whole foods and curbing my cookie monster appetite for sweets and snacking. One I open the door, the door stays open for the day. At the end of the day, it is my own self-control or lack thereof.
  • jojosnowqueen
    jojosnowqueen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    not making excuses why it's okay "this time" and taking it to heart that even a little cheat will have an impact. But, big cheats take a week to make up for.
  • SadDolt
    SadDolt Posts: 173 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    only being able to lose at most 2 pounds a week without torturing myself. i wish the weight would come off right away. why does it have to take so long ????? it's also messed up how you have to work so hard to burn 300 calories, but eat 300 calories within 5 minutes.

also why does ice cream have to taste so good
  • meganingramjones
    meganingramjones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me is the exercise. I'm a naturally lazy person and the local gym is at the top of town (it's uphill as well so it's a good start to the exercise but takes between 15-20 minutes to get there). If I'm at home, I feel too lazy to actually do home exercises. I do struggle with the diet part of it but it's not as hard for me than the exercise (I can snack on fruit and stuff as easily as on junk food).
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I am cool with eating clean, healthy food and exercising. About 60-70% of my diet is fruits and veggies. But its the boredom that gets to me and messes up my hard work!
    Like that day I ate the whole tub of Chocolate ice cream coz I Was seriously bored :'(
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process, but this isn't the first time for me. I calorie counted fairly diligently (on a different site) for about a year and managed to lose 40ish lbs.

Sadly, what I am learning is that even though I am back to doing the same things I did the last time I wanted to lose, the amount I'm losing in the time I'm losing it is MUCH slower than it was a mere five years ago. Which is depressing and discouraging. Seriously, I lost (in a healthy way eating about 200 more per day than I do now) 40lbs in less than 8 months. Now I'm at the end of my 3rd month back at this and I've only lost 12.. and I keep hitting two or three week periods of no loss, despite eating under or at my calorie allotment for the day. And yes, both times I used a food scale (I'm actually using the same one I purchased back then, now).

So for me? It's the aggravation of knowing that I *can* do this (and will eventually), but that this time around, for whatever reason, it's a crawl.. and yes, it's really discouraging seeing other people on here who just zoom through their weight loss while I'm nearly at a standstill with so much more left to lose.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Being patient with the weight loss, being patient with myself and not having that "all or nothing - I have to be perfect" kind of mindset, which has seen me abandon so many previous attempts at losing weight.

But honestly, I found that using the MFP method of calorie counting and logging made this experience of weight loss the easiest I have ever found it to be - there are specific rules (log what you eat, figure out the calorie content,keep within certain limits, prelog etc) and having those kept me on the straight and narrow, and enabled my happy results. Furthermore, its not a restrictive way of eating - I didnt have to change much, just portion sizes, so this is entirely sustainable for the rest of my life - I dont cringe at the thought of weighing a chicken breast 10 years down the road.

I remain very grateful that I found this site and that it has worked so well for me.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hardest part is logging on the weekends. My husband loves to find hole in the wall restaurants to try out and I have to do a lot of guestimating.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Being okay with being hungry 100% of the time. We always have that desire to not be uncomfortable - but change will never happen without discomfort.
  • joaniebalonie088
    joaniebalonie088 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Patience is the worst. That and not being able to eat whatever food in whatever quantities whenever I want!
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Getting tired of my cooking which I hate. Hearing my husband complain he is tired of chicken. Watching my husband get fast food because he is tired of my cooking. Having my husband always shove his sugary drinks in my face and tell me I have to try it. Exercising within the limits of my health issues without feeling like a whimpy loser. And just the lack of energy I have all the time makes it hard to get myself to work out sometime. Thought getting blood pressure under control would help but it isn't yet.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    For me the hardest part is the daily work that goes into it and committing to that work every day. It is also the most rewarding to put in the work and then see the results.