Men, the books you've read

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    only men are allowed to read now?

Okay.... go ahead, sheesh.

Just remember, inStyle & Vogue aren't technically considered literature. ;)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Re-read this again. Love it.

%7BF11DDC5F-83FB-468F-B7A9-6AFE1C5304AF%7DImg400.jpg
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

those are just picture books. does anyone actually read the articles?
  • Motorsheen
    Options

those are just picture books. does anyone actually read the articles?

Articles?

I keep a copy of Italian Vogue between my mattress and box spring.
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    Still working on Rant by Chuck Palahniuk.

I only ever read his Fight Club after seeing the film (hadn't heard of him prior to that) - what's Rant like?

My most recent book was The Charity Committee by Horace Silver (real name Jimmy Holmes) - it was banned for years because of legal action from the guy it featured in the book as being portrayed as no saint but finally a high court judge ruled against him because there was enough evidence to show he was a crime lord and the book has reappeared.
  • Nikitazilla
    Nikitazilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Romeo ( true story of an Alaskan wolf)
    127 hours
    A long way gone: memoirs of a boy soldier
    I am a girl, but these are good
  • davedoubleu
    davedoubleu Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    What's a book? ;)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Nice article on SA's AR-15. Not dumping anything that I have currently to own it, but worth checking out if in the marketed. Love that it chambers 5.56 NATO or .223 Rem. I shoot .223 mostly. And a good value in a $850 price range rifle. Worth a read.

Gun's and Ammo Article
    SA Website

GAAP-170100-SPRA-01.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Nice article on SA's AR-15. Not dumping anything that I have currently to own it, but worth checking out if in the marketed. Love that it chambers 5.56 NATO or .223 Rem. I shoot .223 mostly. And a good value in a $850 price range rifle. Worth a read.

Gun's and Ammo Article
    SA Website

GAAP-170100-SPRA-01.jpg

I would shoot my eye out with it.
  • davedoubleu
    davedoubleu Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Thankfully in the UK we don't feel the need to bear arms. We use intelligence instead
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

Gun's and Ammo Article
    SA Website

GAAP-170100-SPRA-01.jpg

Is this springfields first venture into the AR platform territory.
    (anything that chambers/fires 5.56 NATO will also chamber/fire .223 Remington. the cases are literally identical by saami specs with exception of the thickness of the casing in certain areas)
  • IVMay
    Options
    Thankfully in the UK we don't feel the need to bear arms. We use intelligence instead

Except when you have politicans using a sum total of 8 brain cells; running the country: there will be regret over handing so much authoritarian power and allowing erosion of speech, privacy and freedom.
    The worst of it is - criminals who want to get hold of firepower can easily do so. As police rules change to allow every serving police officer to carry a taser which a recent change I believe is being considered/approved - will be definitely investing in more fire power to counteract possible apprehension. Yes there is a 5 year minimum term and 9 months per bullet (I think) but if the risk vs reward ratio is enough these people will not hesitate to carry and use.

• Motorsheen
    Options

That's pretty funny.....

Although, I haven't attended many Southside Chicago Mensa meetings on a Friday night.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options

"Intelligence is great. Until no one is using it."

Abraham Lincoln eulogizing JFK via SKYPE from his Delorean.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

That's pretty funny.....

Although, I haven't attended many Southside Chicago Mensa meetings on a Friday night.

You haven't heard? The Mensa meetings are all taking place in British pubs over pints. Then off for a bit of curry after.

I haven't attended a Mensa meeting in a long time.

The regularly scheduled Mensa meeting time conflicted with my Bevis and Butthead re-runs.
  • IVMay
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

That's pretty funny.....

You haven't heard? The Mensa meetings are all taking place in British pubs over pints. Then off for a bit of curry after.

LOL.
    At a rate of 25 closing every week and the culture shifting since the millennial generation where alcohol consumption is at an all time low it won't be long for that stereotype to be a think of the past. I think the love of curry will remain; however. :)
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

you dun broke the thread
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    American Nations, by Colin Woodard.

Great book...puts a lot into perspective.