thoughts on foot cutoff after 7 PM?

Options

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    My sister-in law is a trainer. She has a degree in nutrition as well. She has been helping make changes to get my health back on tract. He advice to me was do not eat after 7pm. Also she suggested no carbs past 3pm. Now all of this is easier said than done !! I am battling sugar addiction, and that is what I want to concur first !! Keep me posted as to your success !!

Mind if you share what degree? I want to know what nutrition degree holders I'd like to avoid.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I was just gonna come in and post a "DON'T DO IT!!!!" comment cuz, y'know, feet are kinda important. But then reading the responses I started laughing so hard I choked on my apple and my coworkers had questions. I think it's about time to go home...
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I typical eat 75-80% of my calories after 7pm. To be exact from 8:00-10:00pm, then go directly to bed.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters what time you cut of fyour foot as much as where you cut off the foot. If you cut above the ankle, you will lose more weight.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    My sister-in law is a trainer. She has a degree in nutrition as well. She has been helping make changes to get my health back on tract. He advice to me was do not eat after 7pm. Also she suggested no carbs past 3pm. Now all of this is easier said than done !! I am battling sugar addiction, and that is what I want to concur first !! Keep me posted as to your success !!

lolno.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Best typo of the day, dude.

Thank goodness this was a typo. Some people will do anything to lose a pound.

If your body is hungry, feed the machine. Just have some restraint and count your calories.
  • tmpecus78
    Options

no carbs after 3pm? lolz
  • tmpecus78
    Options
    I don't think it matters what time you cut of fyour foot as much as where you cut off the foot. If you cut above the ankle, you will lose more weight.

LMAO
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Eat whenever you want. Meal timing is irrelevant.

I think cutting your foot off will impede your ability to exercise, at least for a while. If you insist, though, I would recommend doing it between the hours of 9am and 5pm, as there will be more staff in the hospital.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    ya know...my dear friend recently almost cut off her foot, so i, for one, am not amused by the typo.

and yeah...i do my best eating from 10-11pm.
    im not saying i eat between 10-11pm....im saying i eat FROM 10-11.
    yum.
    going to bed that full feels luxurious.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    In for "most hilarious typo ever".

And no, it doesn't matter when you eat, unless it affects how well you sleep. You body cannot tell time.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    ya know...my dear friend recently almost cut off her foot, so i, for one, am not amused by the typo.

yum.

I actually have a friend whose foot WAS cut off, by a lawn mower. She would absolutely find this amusing, no question.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Best typo of the day, dude.

Seriously. I laughed.

I like eating a lot of calories in the evening. When my husband is deployed I eat over half of my calories after dinner. But to compensate I have a smaller breakfast and lunch. Whatever allows you to stick to your calorie goal is what you should do.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Foot: never a good time to cut off.
    Food: I eat 12pm-8pm I practice lean gains IF. Sometimes I go to bed at 9:30pm, sometimes 12:30am. Meal times don't affect weight loss or gain. Calories in vs. calories out affects weight loss or gain.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    This tactic can only last one day. Two, tops.

LOL!!!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

yum.

You need smarter friends.

Seriously
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I think the reason why ' foot cutoff' works is because after 7pm is when many people eat snack food / dessert type food (ie high calories, high fat food) -- and with the cutoff, they are skipping those foods.

So it is not the TIME that makes the difference, it is just the reduction in calories.
  • NSP310
    NSP310 Posts: 9
    Options
    I've been on diet plans before where they recommend not eating past a certain time. I've read books that say late at night is the worst time to be eating since your body doesn't need the energy (as opposed to earlier in the day when you'll still be active and need that fuel).

I've tried to cut out late night eating since that's when I tend to binge eat. But sometimes I find it heard to make sure I have an early dinner! Especially if I stay at work past a certain time I may not get home in time to start making dinner until 7pm let alone eat before then. Or if I'm meeting friends for dinner plans we rarely eat before 8pm. I think if I suggested an earlier dinner time they'd all look at me like I was crazy haha. Does anyone have suggestions on what works for me? Do you bring your dinner to work too so that you ensure you eat before it gets too late? I'd love some tips, thanks!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My fiance never likes to eat later in the evening because he can't sleep with a full stomach. If this is your reason, then I agree. If it's some type of strategy to lose weight, then it's simply not true.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    I have and still do eat a decent snack in bed every night without fail. I can't sleep if I'm hungry.