Fellow 17 Day Diet Peeps?

Options
Hey gang! I was hoping to find some other people doing the 17 Day Diet. I'd like to stay on track with check-ins, watch your respective progress, and exchange ideas for meals and snacks. Anyone? Holla!!

Replies

• KristyMichelle716
    KristyMichelle716 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    There are 4 cycles; each one is 17 days. So on the 18th day you move into the new cycle. I like it because the food lists are easy to follow (as long as you aren't someone who needs to eat totally different food every day of your life) and the different cycles are easy to navigate. Anyway, was just hoping to find some people who are currently following the plan, mainly for recipe ideas and chatting.

For anyone that's not familiar with the plan but interested, this girl's blog is crazy helpful (lots of free tips, including the cycle food lists; however she does try and sell things but you can get a lot of info for free from her site as well): https://17ddblog.com/
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    There are 4 cycles; each one is 17 days. So on the 18th day you move into the new cycle. I like it because the food lists are easy to follow (as long as you aren't someone who needs to eat totally different food every day of your life) and the different cycles are easy to navigate. Anyway, was just hoping to find some people who are currently following the plan, mainly for recipe ideas and chatting.

For anyone that's not familiar with the plan but interested, this girl's blog is crazy helpful (lots of free tips, including the cycle food lists; however she does try and sell things but you can get a lot of info for free from her site as well): https://17ddblog.com/

Consider creating a group on MFP I don't follow this method you mentioned at all.

Good luck!
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people that likes to eat different food every day - that's why MFP
  • nurseangelamomof5boys
    Options
    I did this diet once as soon as you stop the weight come back. I don't recommend it at all good luck
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    From your title I thought maybe you only ate Peeps for 17 days. The Peep Diet would be pretty easy to navigate during Easter.

I've never heard of the 17 day diet.

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose brain read it that way. LOL
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I got all the different flavors of peeps last year and my kids were so disappointed! Apparently it's the original or nothing, so I was forced to eat all the pink and green rejects. :o
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If I had to eat a Peeps diet I would starve. Blech.
    It's even worse that I have started seeing abominations like Peeps Oreos and Peeps flavored milk...
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    If I had to eat a Peeps diet I would starve. Blech.
    It's even worse that I have started seeing abominations like Peeps Oreos and Peeps flavored milk...

The peeps oreos weren't any good, btw. That's the only time I've let oreos go stale.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    From your title I thought maybe you only ate Peeps for 17 days. The Peep Diet would be pretty easy to navigate during Easter.

I've never heard of the 17 day diet.

Have you seen all the different peep flavors this year? It's crazy. I think I just want normal peep flavor though. I am a Peep originalist - no getting all crazy with my peeps.

I saw blueberry Peeps dipped in dark chocolate, lemon Peeps dipped in lemon fudge, and coconut Peeps dipped in dark chocolate. They were frightening. Granted, I call them frightening when the only Peeps I care about are the green bunnies. I turn them upside-down, snip their ears in half and make Cthulhu Peeps out of them. *insert maniacal laugh here*
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I did this diet once as soon as you stop the weight come back. I don't recommend it at all good luck

um ... as soon as you stop any "diet" the weight will all come back and then some ... I've never heard of it but it sounds like a calorie restricted meal plan on a 17 day cycle. I can't see it would be any different to any other way of restricting calories. Some people like the structure of being told what to eat to meet their calorie goal, rather than just winging it (which is a lot easier once you get the hang of how many calories are in various foods, but not so easy when you're starting out).

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

um ... as soon as you stop any "diet" the weight will all come back and then some ... I've never heard of it but it sounds like a calorie restricted meal plan on a 17 day cycle. I can't see it would be any different to any other way of restricting calories. Some people like the structure of being told what to eat to meet their calorie goal, rather than just winging it (which is a lot easier once you get the hang of how many calories are in various foods, but not so easy when you're starting out).

Not if you eat maintenance.

Also to the bolded: everything gets easier the longer you consistently do it. So why avoid doing something you're gonna need eventually anyway? Or do you or OP want to get told what to eat for the rest of your live, lest you gain weight again?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I think I got woo overload trying to look at that blog.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I can't... I just can't. Then it list all of the cleansing vegetables.

"Cycle 1 focuses on rapid weight loss by eating unlimited lean proteins such as chicken, fish and eggs, and unlimited quantities of cleansing vegetables to keep you full."

"Cycle 1 also focuses on no sugar"
  • Ezzmie
    Ezzmie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey gang! I was hoping to find some other people doing the 17 Day Diet. I'd like to stay on track with check-ins, watch your respective progress, and exchange ideas for meals and snacks. Anyone? Holla!!

@KristyMichelle716 I'm on day 14 cycle 1. I had done this diet last year got through the 3 cycles and dropped 25 pounds had kept 15 off - thought it was time to get back to what I know works for me. It's not just a 17 day commitment which is why I need to remind myself constantly that it's a matter of a lifestyle change. Please feel free to add me. Always nice to have some support and someone else who can relate.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

Not if you eat maintenance.

Also to the bolded: everything gets easier the longer you consistently do it. So why avoid doing something you're gonna need eventually anyway? Or do you or OP want to get told what to eat for the rest of your live, lest you gain weight again?

This is a kinds ridiculous question. Lots of people start out using a structured plan to learn how and what to eat. Once you know what a day of calories/healthy eating looks like it's far easier to go it alone. Are you saying everyone should be able to just figure it out on their own? If they knew that much about nutrition they likely wouldn't have a weight problem to begin with.