That AHA moment: What made you start?

Options

Replies

• chrisa7474
    chrisa7474 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My moment was while playing monopoly with some friends. Had been really depressed recently as really hate my job and felt like I was stuck in it. I'm a chef and was 27stone 11lb. My friend told me about a job opportunity to do something I had always wanted to do and it was like a giant light telling me I'm not trapped if I don't want to be. Applied for the job and and got accepted for an interview just waiting for the date.

Where am I now I have so far lost 33lb in 2 months and feel better every day where.

What keeps me going is hatred for the person I let myself be and the job I'm in. Never had motivation like it. Feel so Patrice each day and does not really feel like a diet not fighting urges as I want it so much more than any sweets or take away. Also setting goals like being able to go and ride everything at Alton towers, go ape etc. Have a goal to aim for and the. After you reach that set another one
  • georgeous66
    georgeous66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Uandi328 wrote: »
    Turning Point: Being diagnosed with idiopathic intercranial hypertention (to much fluid on the brain due to slowed absorbtion rate -cause...drumroll.....being overweight). In addition to a series of uncontrolled health issues from and accident; I had to try and fix something I could change....and accept what I could not.

Started : March 26th 2015

Where I am now: down 80+ lbs and 40-50lbs to go.

What keeps me going: feeling better, hypertention is going away/gone, my beautiful children and amazing hubby....and just overall improvement in different areas. Life still isnt what it used to be but Im going to take the best of what ever I can and roll with the punches. :)

Wow!!! Truly inspiring.

If you don't mind my asking...how did they diagnose you? Is this the condition where they do a lumbar puncture to improve it? Are you all better now?

Sorry. I'm in a science nerd.

Btw...80 pounds!!! Rockstar.

Hi....i actually got diagnosed because i said yes to getting the picture done of the back of my eye at an eye exam. There is diabetes in the family and this picture can often indicate risk. Well it turns out that i had optic nerve swelling....that can be caused by several things. So after a brain mri and an eye ultrasound they sent me on to a neuro opthomologist. He told me i had it but to technically diagnose it I'd need a lumbar puncture....I told him I'd take his word for it...lol. i have had dozens of procedures including back blocks die to other health issues, and I didnt need anymore. I see him in May and have lost enough it should be my last visit.
  • surprisethekids
    surprisethekids Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So this is pretty straight forward. Please share the following:
    1.What was the turning point for you? It's ok if it was a series of events

Going to the doctor and finding out that yes, I really did weigh 290 lbs. With all the health related issues that went along with it. Also, I was nearly finished with school. I had to look for a job soon, and I already had one hurdle with my age (I'm 52) and I didn't want my weight as a strike against me as well.

2. When did you start this journey?

February 22, 2016

3. Where are you now?

Back on the wagon after a hard fall off the back of it. Took the holidays (4th of July through Valentine's day, UGH) off, and put 30 lbs back on. Taking those off again and moving forward.

4. What keeps you going?

How much better I feel, and wanting to not look like a beach ball with appendages when I get glimpses of myself in the mirror.

I know I can do it, I just need to let my mistakes roll off and not think one slip up is the end.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!