Tips on weight loss?

Options
Im trying to lose 30 pounds in 11 weeks which works out to about 3lbs a week. Any tips on how to lose weight fast but also a healthy way? I don't want any fads or anything but steady and fast loss

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Do the stuff in this chart.

xst4wd4b3i50.jpg
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    30 Pounds your total weight loss goal? If so, its too aggressive.

Readjust your rate of loss to something more sustainable and extend your timeline.

75+ pounds = 2 pounds per week
    50-74 - 1.5 pounds per week
    25-49 - 1 pound per week
    1-24 - .5 pound per week
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    What happens in 11 weeks?
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    magic weight loss pills just make your wallet lighter. Meal plans can work but you are just paying someone else to do the math for you. Consistent calorie deficit will do the trick. Its not super fast but it does work.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My tip would be to be more realistic in your objectives...30 Lbs in 11 weeks is not likely to happen unless you have a tremendous amount of total weight to lose.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Don't. Aim for a third of that in that time period. Your plan will damage your body.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Losing 3lbs/week is NOT healthy unless you have massively overweight and are doing so under a doctor's supervision. Aim for a more realistic goal of 1lb/week and use the above chart.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    cronnym wrote: »
    Im trying to lose 30 pounds in 11 weeks which works out to about 3lbs a week. Any tips on how to lose weight fast but also a healthy way? I don't want any fads or anything but steady and fast loss

3 pounds a week would be a 1500 calorie deficit every single day.

(Total guess) but let's say your TDEE or total daily energy expenditure for your current weight is 2500 calories.
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

That would mean you eat 1,000 calories. The problem is 1,200 calories is the DEFAULT minimum for women based on nutritional requirements. You would need to be fairly active for 2500 calories. Good luck staying active with only 1,000 calories (for fuel).

Larger deficits make it harder for your body to support existing lean muscle mass. That's the trade-off for fast weight loss......a higher body fat % when you get to goal.