Any ideas for a 1200 calorie per day diet

Options
13»

Replies

• bhannana
    bhannana Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try http://www.eatthismuch.com/
    You can enter a calorie amount and # of meals and it will give you foods that fit those numbers and other parameters you can set.

This site is fantastic for beginners/people who have no idea where to start!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you want a peek.
    1200-ish calories
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    stay away from 100 calorie packaged snacks, you are better off eating real food like fresh fruit, cottage cheese, yogurt and feeling more satisfied on that.

like others have said, work your dishes around fruits and veggies.

breakfasts: 2 eggs scrambled with peppers onion mushroom and some salsa, some avocado if i have some (around 200-300 if you have the avocado more towards 300)
    oatmeal with added protein powder, applesauce, maple syrup and pb, etc. usually around 200-300 calories (pb, maple syrup will make it more towards 300)
    greek yogurt with either protein powder added or some fresh fruit and honey

lunches: veggie sandwich with cheese and mustard on wheat bread. could use something like turkey or chicken on the sandwich if you eat meat.
    other times i bring leftovers from dinner which are usually around 300 calories.
    i love oatmeal for lunch as well, one of my favorite foods.
    a large salad with different veggies, a protein (chickpeas, meatless chikn strips) and honey dijon dressing
    i always have fruit with lunch like an apple, banana, pears and something crunchy like apple cinnamon rice cakes (om nom nom) or wheat thins

dinners: taco salad over lettuce topped with peppers onions mushrooms avocado salsa sour cream cheese
    meatless stroganoff
    spinach artichoke dip pasta (less than 300 a serving)
    spaghetti squash bake
    baked ziti with spinach
    shirataki noodle stir fry (LOTS of veggies in it with a protein like tofu or chicken) and a little soy sauce
    2 cups spinach with marinara sauce garlic and oregano as a side to a main dish
    quesadilla
    black bean enchiladas

skinnytaste.com has a lot of good main dishes for around 300-400 calories.

you can either do just 3 meals of 400 each which should keep you full for a few hours, or smaller meals even like 200 calories every few hours, or 300 calorie meals with a few 100 calorie snacks inbetween (fresh fruit, veggie slices with hummus, cheese and crackers, popcorn, yogurt etc)

good luck!