Isagenix - will it work?

Replies

• muxacb
    muxacb Posts: 16 Member
    Vismal, I get all that. Somehow my eating habits and O treadmill had me at a size 40 pants and just plain fat and unhealthy. All I Changed was eliminating carbs. I used to have a Bagel with cheese each day, a moderate lunch and a regular dinner. I was fat. I went onto Atkins, Started eating more and only added the treadmill for 300calorie burn, no other additional activities, no other change in my lifestyle and I lost 40 lbs and went down to 34 waist. I know my food consumption before and after January 1st. I can guarantee you that I ate more after January 1st. Now maybe the steaks, chicken, eggs, cheese, fats all contain less calories than the calories in the carbs I cut out. I highly doubt it... but if that the science... hurray for me. Frankly, I could care less about calorie counting. I love food. Now, with this new thing, I think counting calories will be important. I just want enough carbs for the muscles to get what they need and no more.
  • muxacb
    bagge72... I hear you... it worked for me. WHY... because your body switched from what is burns. I was in Ketosis and was burning my body fat. Look, I lost weight, other I know who do not go to the gym have lost weight on low carb diets. Many quit and gain the wight back because of poor eating habits. I get all of that. As for the tubs they sell at walmart... maybe you got a point there. IDK. I am not going to do a study on this comparing all the products out there and how they are. Maybe this whole bloody thing will be a placebo thing in my brain. If I gain a few inches on my chest and loose a few on my waste... hell Im happy because the past few years I was getting more and more unhealthy. So if this is a few $ for a BS Placebo thing and I got a Trainer helping me...yupeeeee! I have no time to build an MLM. I own 2 businesses already and am about to start a 3rd one.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    muxacb wrote: »
    Vismal, I get all that. Somehow my eating habits and O treadmill had me at a size 40 pants and just plain fat and unhealthy. All I Changed was eliminating carbs. I used to have a Bagel with cheese each day, a moderate lunch and a regular dinner. I was fat. I went onto Atkins, Started eating more and only added the treadmill for 300calorie burn, no other additional activities, no other change in my lifestyle and I lost 40 lbs and went down to 34 waist. I know my food consumption before and after January 1st. I can guarantee you that I ate more after January 1st. Now maybe the steaks, chicken, eggs, cheese, fats all contain less calories than the calories in the carbs I cut out. I highly doubt it... but if that the science... hurray for me. Frankly, I could care less about calorie counting. I love food. Now, with this new thing, I think counting calories will be important. I just want enough carbs for the muscles to get what they need and no more.

Bagel with cheese 500 calaories minimum. 8oz of 15% fat ground beef around 430 calories. 8oz chicken 275 calories. 4 large eggs 288 calories.
  • muxacb
    trust me I did not eat just 8oz of chicken..... and my steaks were 16 oz or more with lots of butter. I also did not cut out the cheese. I ate more.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    You should also know that most everyone is genuinely surprised to figure out just how many calories they were eating before they started counting.

It seems clear that you don't really have a good idea because you can eat a 16 oz steak every day. I know for a fact that i could too because I'm counting everything and know my budget. Atkins knows that without carbs almost everyone who does it right eats at a deficit. I eat at deficit with balance...same thing. I've lost 24 in about 2.5 months with a deficit....works like science. 40 waist to 36 which is now loose.

Deficit.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    bagge72... I hear you... it worked for me. WHY... because your body switched from what is burns. I was in Ketosis and was burning my body fat. Look, I lost weight, other I know who do not go to the gym have lost weight on low carb diets. Many quit and gain the wight back because of poor eating habits. I get all of that. As for the tubs they sell at walmart... maybe you got a point there. IDK. I am not going to do a study on this comparing all the products out there and how they are. Maybe this whole bloody thing will be a placebo thing in my brain. If I gain a few inches on my chest and loose a few on my waste... hell Im happy because the past few years I was getting more and more unhealthy. So if this is a few $ for a BS Placebo thing and I got a Trainer helping me...yupeeeee! I have no time to build an MLM. I own 2 businesses already and am about to start a 3rd one.

being in ketosis means your body burns the fat you eat and not carbs for fuel. its not going to use just your body fat as fuel.keto doesnt work that way.if so, it would be a WOE to cure obesity without needing a caloric deficit or WLS. even in keto if you arent in some sort of a deficit you wont lose weight. and if you are losing weight without trying then I would get checked for an underlying health issue.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    You should also know that most everyone is genuinely surprised to figure out just how many calories they were eating before they started counting.

It seems clear that you don't really have a good idea because you can eat a 16 oz steak every day. I know for a fact that i could too because I'm counting everything and know my budget. Atkins knows that without carbs almost everyone who does it right eats at a deficit. I eat at deficit with balance...same thing. I've lost 24 in about 2.5 months with a deficit....works like science. 40 waist to 36 which is now loose.

Deficit.

Yeah made it just over a week, where I was eating a ton of protein and vegetables to get ready for a vacation. I just couldn't keep it up. I would make a ton of ground chicken, and put a ton of hot sauce on it, and add oil and shredded cheese, and then have a bunch of green beans, or something like that and I would feel sick after every meal.

• muxacb
    If you have never counted calories you can make no such assertion that your consumption now is significantly higher than it was previously. There are so many instances of people who are overweight asserting that they eat "hardly anything" and a lot less than their skinny best friend. It is always, without fail, found to be untrue.

Just because your body is using fat (mostly dietary) as fuel, doesn't mean you are burning body fat and it certainly doesn't mean you are magically burning more body fat than your calorie consumption dictates. That's just not how it works. Keto isn't magic.

And if you are able to eat in a surplus and lose weight then they need to study you because you are unique to every single species of animal in existence.

actually there is a way to know if you are buying body fat vs the fat you ate. Your body goes into ketosis, your breath smells like acetone and when you pee you can pee on these special six that tell you you are burning fats in your body.

GUYS... IT BLOODY WELL WORKED FOR ME. I DONT CARE IF YOU GUYS COUNT CALORIES AND THINK I AM A MORON WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE ATE... LOL... IF YOU ARE EXPERTS OR TROLLS ON THIS SUBJECT MATTER PLEAE VIST ATKINS>COM AND TELL THEM THEY ARE IDIOTS. THANK YOU!!!!!
  • muxacb
    bagge72 wrote: »
    trust me I did not eat just 8oz of chicken..... and my steaks were 16 oz or more with lots of butter. I also did not cut out the cheese. I ate more.

I can't trust you! Just giving you an example oh how just your bagel and cheese is a lot of calories compared to a decent amount of protein. Then that doesn't even take into account what you were drinking, especially if you cut out beer. Then you have to take into account your other meals that you say where modest, but a modest looking meal fully of carbs is going to be a lot of calories, plus any snacks you cut out. I went low carb to get ready for a trip last year, and was eating 16oz of beef or chicken with every meal with a ton of vegetables, oil, cheese, and peanut butter for snacks and although it felt like I was eating a ton, the calorie count came out lower than what I was eating before. I had to switch to all chicken though because of the iron in the red meat I was getting a nose bleed after every lunch I had.

HAHAHA... OK DONT TRUST ME... OH MY... WHAT SHALL I DO NOW. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!