Isagenix - will it work?

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    muxacb wrote: »
    Vismal, Im not going to argue with you. I agree about water weight... in fact the first 10lbs is water weight... the next 30 was not. My body switched from burning carbs to burning fat. Im not here to defend the Atkins diet and/or the pro/cons of it. I went from a size 40 pants to 34. I at a 4 eggs every morning, usually some cheese and celery or Atkins bar for lunch and then a 16 oz steak with lots of butter, mushroom and onions and a side salad. My time on the treadmill burned maybe 300 calories. Now if you do the math according to you laws of physics... something is not adding up here. Again, you can convince me that I am imagining my weight loss... but everyone around me is in awe. So the question is... why am I looking to change??? I guess I have been doing some reading and I also want to build muscles. I know carbs are going to be important, in fact I scared shitless to even begin this because my carb intake will go up. But I know building muscles will burn more calories even while Im at rest. So, Vismal, You look like a fit guy and I do value everyones reply but I never ever counted calories on Atkins and ate like a bloody king. Sometimes a whole bloody chicken for dinner.

were you logging every calorie that you consumed and using a food scale?

• Catsinsocks
    Catsinsocks Posts: 28 Member
    anyone want to wager? you can hire someone to follow me around and we can put your claims to the test. I loose, I pay you back double of what you spent on this little test. LOL.

There is actually a show all about this call secret eaters!!! They eat like triple what they were reporting and couldn't figure out why they weren't losing
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    anyone want to wager? you can hire someone to follow me around and we can put your claims to the test. I loose, I pay you back double of what you spent on this little test. LOL.

I think you need to show this thread to your body builder friend. Maybe that will help you understand. Don't tell him about it, show him. I can imagine you trying to explain it to him...

• cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    The Isagenix people in my area are crazy-it's like a cult. Multi level marketing for a glorified Slim Fast. No thanks.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member

this. this right here is very exciting and entertaining. and informative. thanks to all.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Isagenix works - by creating a calorie deficit. It also works (like most other fads) to flatten your wallet. Healthy eating at your appropriate calorie level (lose weight, maintain, gain), is the best, long-term solution. Note - I've lost over 120 lbs with healthy eating, in the middle I tried Isagenix. It didn't speed anything up, didn't make me healthier, just emptied my bank account.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP - simple question and I mean this with all due respect. If you supposedly lost weight be eating more calories than you burnt, then how did you gain weight in the first place?

CARBZ, silly.

so how do people eat carbs and lose weight then..???
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    OP - simple question and I mean this with all due respect. If you supposedly lost weight be eating more calories than you burnt, then how did you gain weight in the first place?

CARBZ, silly.

so how do people eat carbs and lose weight then..???

i'm pretty sure any variation of the question "how do people XXXX XXXXX XXXXX and lose weight?" is answered, many times, in this thread.
  • fitbethlin
    fitbethlin Posts: 162 Member
    This is totally my favorite thread of the day. Science, sarcasm, and wizards. <3 you guys.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    I like their protein powder- only one I've tried that had staying power for me.
    It's like anything- you get out of it, what ya put in.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    overall, carb wizard was a disappointing google image search
    tiny-steak-when-you-on-a-diet-but-still-a-damn-wizard-in-the-kitchen.jpg
  • AgidGirl
    AgidGirl Posts: 138 Member
    edited April 2017
    I have multiple friends who use/sell the Isagenix products. One of my girlfriends and her husband made over 60K last year selling their products!! In the end I could not bring myself to buy a product that costs $50/week to use the way it's intended. What ingredients do the Isagenix shakes have that others don't have that is making you spend this kind of dough??
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/510136-can-you-burn-fat-without-being-in-ketosis/

READ THIS AND DO SOME RESEARCH.... You can burn Fat by being CALORIE Deficient YES!!!!.... BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT YOU CAN ALSO BURN FAT BY NOT BEING CALORIE DEFICIENT.

IF YOU DONT BELIVE THIS I REALLY DON'T CARE!!!!

There's nothing on that page that suggests you can lose weight without a deficit. You seem to be confusing burning fat with losing weight. Of course if all you do is eat fat, your body will be burning fat you eat for energy. Your body has two sources of energy 1. calories you eat 2. calories you have stored as glycogen and fat. The question is are you giving your body enough energy to function, regardless of the type of energy, when you eat? If you don't give it what it needs, it will turn to the second source which is stored fat. If you give it too much, it will store the excess as fat for the future. As everyone has said here, you need to restrict #1 so that your body must get some of it's energy requirements from #2, causing you to get smaller.

Hopefully you understand this at some point or at least don't make others more confused.

Good luck.