Favourite bad meals

Options

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    None. If I want a certain meal, I fit it into my calories. It's not "good" or "bad".
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Butter chicken, pizza (I live in a city with a high Italian population and our pizza is divine), poutine, chips, nachos, mac n' cheese - yum.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the calorie density of something won't fit into an otherwise normal day so some of us make decisions to not fit it into our daily allowance or go otherwise hungry for it. If I want a french bread ham sandwich with cheese and real mayo and a bag of chili lime cheetos, ain't no way that's fitting reasonably into my day because I choose not to go hungry, ever. So I make a decision I wouldn't make every day. In broad strokes that's "bad" in the large scheme of my dietary intent, as in the simple opposite of "good." The terminology policing is tiring. If someone says cheat or bad or clean, I'll try to ask what they mean by those terms and tailor a response to them as an individual, rather than assuming they're emotionally compromised by verbiage and need correcting.
  • razzapool
    razzapool Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    yeah people get so picky about certain terms on here maybe I worded it wrong lol, but I know for sure there is no way my fave meal would fit macros for a certain day but I don't care because I work hard and eat pretty clean most of the time so I don't think it hurts to go over every now and then, I'm dam sure it isn't the right way to do it for every1 but it works for me
  • katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Mine has to be McDonald's although most the time it fits in my calories but the new big tasty with bacon burger is out of this world and totally goes above my calories! Or cheesy chips and garlic sauce I could eat any day of the week!
  • razzapool
    razzapool Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    oh wow I haven't had cheesy chips in forever that sounds so good right now
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    i don`t eat it anymore, i don`t eat much of anything but i guess it would be mexican. i know i am never going to eat it again but i know that would be my choice
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    All this chat about good or bad or clean - I think we're just talking indulgent here people.

My favorite indulgences include lasagne, pizza, french fries (and they better be good ones if I'm indulging), and cheesecake.

**currently assembling the ingredients for the low-cal protein cheesecake everyone's raving about here on MFP**
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    All this chat about good or bad or clean - I think we're just talking indulgent here people.

My favorite indulgences include lasagne, pizza, french fries (and they better be good ones if I'm indulging), and cheesecake.

**currently assembling the ingredients for the low-cal protein cheesecake everyone's raving about here on MFP**

I think the reason we typically see pushbacks on threads that use this type of framing is that categorizing high calorie or indulgent foods as "bad" is, for some of us, why we wound up struggling with our weight.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i don`t eat it anymore, i don`t eat much of anything but i guess it would be mexican. i know i am never going to eat it again but i know that would be my choice

How very sad
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    razzapool wrote: »
    Whats everyones fave food to break ur diet with mine is curry I cant wait for Saturday night gotta be good all week then its movie and indian takeaway with wife yum

I pretty much eat the same foods I always did so no diet breaking or bad foods.
    Beef stroganoff or fried chicken is something I maybe don't have very often but like.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    A Hamburger (like Angus) on brioche with mayo; steak fries (and like someone else said, they better be good); pizza margherita (mine -- it's that good); cheese chili rellenos with refried beans; rum and coke; tapioca pudding; chocolate ice cream;
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    There are no bad foods. Only cheesesteaks.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

you 'don't eat much of anything' and you are 'never going to eat your favorite meal again'?

Do I even need to say how concerning this is? Do you care to share some of why you feel this way? Are you speaking with a professional about this mindset?
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Chips with queso. And NO, I couldn't just "fit them into my day" because the amount I would want to eat wouldn't fit in anyone's daily calorie allotment
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Favourite = something I really enjoy.

Bad = something off, something I dislike, something terrible.

How do they fit together in the same sentence?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I don't know about "bad" food, but higher calorie foods that I love would be cheesecake, anything at Buffalo Wild Wings, alcohol and more than one slice of pizza anywhere.

I'm also a super fan of sushi (and all the little calorie bombs they sell as appetizers), but if you do it right, you can eat reasonably well without going over your calorie allotment.

Oh, also.. donuts. I haven't had one in ages because I know they are delicious, but very poor nutritionally. Especially a sprinkle cake donut. Those are my favorites.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »

I think the reason we typically see pushbacks on threads that use this type of framing is that categorizing high calorie or indulgent foods as "bad" is, for some of us, why we wound up struggling with our weight.

If you consider "some of us", there's always something that would cause some people to struggle. :) Even healthy vegetables.

I think whatever framing you use, it's fine as long as you achieve your goal.

I despite bacon. LOL.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Never? I'm having Mexican tonight, in my goals. And "not eating much of anything"? o.O
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Angel hair or linguini with butter and olive oil and SALT. Sometimes I'll add some parmesan, crushed red pepper and/or oregano/basil. But all that's necessary is the pasta, butter, and salt.

I don't do this often and, as a diabetic, I always feel guilty when I do.