Trader Joe's

Replies

• I love their Sweet Potato Gnocchi! Way less calories than potato gnocchi and much more filling-I could eat only 1/4 of the package in one meal.

The Speculoos cookie butter is a much better alternative to Nutella-less fat and calories.

A favorite staple to put on my salads, beans, and tacos is their Mango-Papaya Salsa. I can eat that stuff straight out of the container!

Their organic pickles are great-best I've tasted actually. I normally shy away from pickles as they're too sour and salty for me, but TJ's has a nice balanced flavor.
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    seaweed snacks-cheap and low cal. CHEAP WINE!!!
  • CHEAP WINE!!!

AMEN!!!!
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Their trail mix is a great snack...1/4 cup is 150 calories and has dark chocolate m&m's in it and their Vanilla Almond and Pecan crunch cereal is yummy on top of Greek yogurt for breakfast to make it crunchy...also their Pita Bites crackers are yummy and 9 of them are only 70 calories...and I always keep a stock of their 100 calorie chocolate bars in my freezer in case I need a chocolate fix!
  • Lipstickcherry
    Lipstickcherry Posts: 122 Member
    Bump dee dee bump
  • wanniet
    wanniet Posts: 38 Member
    BUMP
  • HungerGame82
    HungerGame82 Posts: 41 Member
    Bump.
  • summergrl17
    summergrl17 Posts: 75 Member
    Frozen turkey meatloaf muffins w/spinach and Parmesan mashed potatoes - 220 calories. Great to pack for lunch. Micro in 1.5 minutes.
  • AngelsFan91106
    AngelsFan91106 Posts: 111 Member
    bump for future reference...

I buy almost all my groceries at TJ's except for fresh meat. I'm particular impressed with their packaged/frozen foods because you can actually pronounce ALL of the ingredients on their ingredients list, i.e. there's nothing artificial/chemical there. You just can't say that about other companies' processed foods.
  • alythe
    alythe Posts: 22
    Bump! My closest is over an hour away but I feel like I'm overdue to make the trip now...
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    The list is too long but today for lunch I had their 99% Fat Free Bean and Rice burritos. One of them fills me up and they come in 2's so its lunch for 2 days. All their hummus but especially their spicy hummus with the less guilt pita chips. Also Carne asada. Its so tender! I could go on and on.
  • jenn0113
    jenn0113 Posts: 25
    We got one here this summer and I have already loaded up our pantry and freezer multiple times. These aren't all healthy but delicious:

tempura chicken
    vegetable fried rice
    all the produce
    the cheddar block
    edamame
    TJ's salsa
    unblanched PB
    Green Chili and Cheese tamales - YUM!!!
    Chicken and Cheese tamales - YUM!!!
    Vodka Sauce
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Provolone cheese is much tastier than, let's say, Kraft. The goat cheese is fantastic. They also have gluten free stuff - sweet potato chips, corn spaghetti, fresh Udy's bread. The wine selection is accessibly priced. I get the organix vanilla soy milk there by the quart, and the butter chicken with basmati rice frozen meal is very spicy. I could go on, I love that place. A bachelor paradise. :glasses:
  • seaweed snacks-cheap and low cal. CHEAP WINE!!!

Try the Wasabi Seaweed Snacks...just a bit of a kick...delish!
  • Lipstickcherry
    Lipstickcherry Posts: 122 Member
    I must go there TODAY...:heart:
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Vanilla Meringues
    Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans
    Popcorn (Movie Theater; Olive Oil)
    Edamame
    Edamame Crackers
    Trader Ming's Sesame Salad Dressing
    Seaweed Snacks
    Triple Ginger Snaps
    Steel Cut Oats
    Trail Mix
    Chocolate Nutty Granola Bars
    Organic Mango Passion Granola Cereal
    Smashing S'mores
    Spicy Hot Cocoa
    Coconut Milk
    Coconut Oil
    Better N' Peanut Butter
    Oriental Snack Mix
    Almond Milk
    Dark/Milk Chocolate Covered Almonds
  • endsine
    endsine Posts: 7
    I enjoy the entire store. But my all time favorite repeat item is the Trader Joes Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls.
  • njohn1967m
    njohn1967m Posts: 38 Member
    Bump
  • sweetiebrittie
    sweetiebrittie Posts: 51 Member
    Edamame, frozen fruit, nuts, dried mango, beans, seaweed snacks, dark chocolate, coconut water!

if I want to splurge and get frozen foods: it is usually, the japanese fried rice, edamame nuggets, vegetable gyoza, mango mochi

It is a 30-45 min drive so I normally don't get frozen food.
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Thanks to this thread, I bought a bunch of new stuff to try at Trader Joe's today! Purely from your reviews I bought:

the Kettle Corn snack bags (ate one on the drive home, YUM!)
    Ezekial sesame bread (tried it with a tuna sandwich for a late lunch, turns out it's not my thing)
    honey sesame cashews
    pineapple salsa
    their brand pickles
    honey apple butter
    seaweed snacks
    Luna Bars (They ARE cheap there! I grabbed some flavors I hadn't tried)
    Champagne Vinaigrette
    0% greek yogurt (various flavors)

While I was there, I also grabbed:
    a bunch of fresh fruit (I have been slated to prepare a fruit salad for a party tonight, but the fruits I bought because they intrigued me were champagne grapes and plumcots)
    way more cheese than one person can possibly eat
    avocados
    freeze dried strawberries
    a bunch of different types of those dried fruit snack bars
    almond milk
    sunflower seeds
    white balsamic vinegar
    low fat Parmesan Ranch (looks too good to be true!)
    kalamata olive hummus

Hopefully next time I'll have some freezer room. I didn't even let myself look this time.