Trader Joe's

Options

Replies

• sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Oh, their mini pitas and their artisan bread is amazing! I am also a fan of their soups and chips, yum.
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    I love Trader joe's. I pick up their Greek yogurt and unsweetened almond milk all the time.
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    Everyone, keep posting...I am getting so many new ideas! I love the Salsa Especial (in the fresh food section near the salads)...great when I make taco salad...add it to ground turkey to make the meat mixture...love love love it.

Corn salsa...jar, near the black bean salsa...

OMG...jsut remembered...in the seasoning section...there is African Smoke...in a grinder...delish...perfect on scrambed eggs with a wedge of LC.

Love all the work they do for me ...prepping veggies...and sometimes one of their salads is just perfect...just watch the dressings.
  • redlady82
    redlady82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I do most of my shopping here. Aside from the obvious produce you can get anywhere:

chilli lime chicken burgers
    marinated chiptole chicken skewers
    apple sticks(for those who have a sweet tooth to tame like me, for little calories)
    shrimp stir fry(dont use season packet, too much sodiu, use regular spice and low sodium soy sauce)
    chicken tikka masala(for days you want to eat rice anyway)
    serenada chicken
    the pack of tri color peppers to throw in with some chicken for a fajita bowl
    hummus quartet
  • NeekoM03
    NeekoM03 Posts: 27
    Options
    This thread makes me sad. The nearest TJs is almost three hours away so I don't get to go very often. :sad:
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I forgot - the TJ Lite Kettle Corn individual bags - easy snack, 110 cals with fiber. Sweet & salty :)
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Not so healthy, but my FAVE thing of theirs is their roasted pecan and blue cheese dip. Eaten with their ciabattini bread, it's AMAZING!
    I also love their Israeli feta cheese in the tub, the closest thing to Bulgarit cheese I've been able to find in the states (and believe me, I've looked everywhere I've lived.)
    Their entire freezer section of frozen dinners are awesome, though some of them sitting in my freezer are higher calorie than I now want to eat for one meal :(
    Almond milk - and it's cheaper there than at either the Kroger or Walmart here so I stock up
    any of their cheeses
    green tea mints
    toasted sesame snacks
    chocolate croissants
    orange juice (I like theirs on par with Simply Orange)

I was thinking of going there this weekend (it's on the other side of town, so I don't make it very often), but now I feel like I NEED to get there, thinking of all the deliciousness... I really want to try some of the other stuff mentioned on this thread!
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Bump. Our closest is like 3 hours away but I will go to stock up! Thanks everyone! ♥
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    Everything! haha :)
  • AllisonMarisa
    AllisonMarisa Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love eveyone's lists!

- Organic meat (best deals there!) chicken breakfast sausage and chicken for dinner are my faves. I also get the lean beef patties
    - Roasted plantain chips - totally satisfy my urge for crunchy chips!
    - Organic eggs
    - Frozen berries
    - Tofu
    - Nuts
    - Health bars
    - Protein powder
    - Olive oil and balsamic (best deals!)
    - salmon patties
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Man I wish there was a real one in Canada! We have a little tiny one with the prices all marked up because the owners buy it at cost in the states and then bring the food over the border. Apparently it's legal... But yeeeah. I'm hungry for some good healthy foods now! Yeesh!
  • bmal76
    bmal76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I love their guilt free frozen dinners. Also their frozen veggies and the almond milk is cheaper than whole foods.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    all of my experience shopping there was from when i was still eating a lot of processed, frozen, prepared things and lots of junk... all I can think of are the chocolate covered potato chips, and their Danish pancake balls, and brownie bites, and... ok excuse me, I have some berries and fat free yogurt to indulge in before I break down and go out for chocolate!
  • Sailorwind
    Options
    One of my favorite indulgences there is coming up in a few months! Seasonally they sell chocolate covered marshmallows with candy cane pieces in them. YUM. I stock up on those. That's a dessert that's totally worth indulging in every once in a while for me.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite indulgences there is coming up in a few months! Seasonally they sell chocolate covered marshmallows with candy cane pieces in them. YUM. I stock up on those. That's a dessert that's totally worth indulging in every once in a while for me.

Oh, I forgot all about those. Drool!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    fat free spicy black bean dip
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I've only recently started shopping there on occasion, but good stuff for my sweet tooth: chocolate covered blueberries & cranberries, cocoa almond butter and for regular food, the chicken potstickers are pretty yummy. =)
  • selfmedicated2
    selfmedicated2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Huge ditto for the egg white salads (in the deli section), the Ranchero one is my favorite -- tons of protein, really flavorful, and only 100 calories for the entire container!

I also buy their frozen bell pepper/onion mix and cook that up with cartoned liquid egg whites for a quick dinner after a late night at work.
  • Sailorwind
    Options
    I haven't been able to find them for almost two years now, but they used to sell what is I suppose was their version of a peppermint patty. It's a thin square of chocolate filled with mint gel. They sold them in rectangular boxes and they were the perfect snack for sneaking into the movies. They fit well in a purse, the box kept them from getting squished, and they opened and were eaten basically silently. Back when I had easier access to a Trader Joe's and also lived next door to a movie theater that had all movies before noon priced at $6, I used to go to a lot of movies and eat a lot of these. Of course, at that point I lived in the DC area and didn't have a car, so I walked everywhere and consequently didn't have much trouble maintaining my weight while eating tons of chocolate. I miss those days.