Trader Joe's

Options
Heading there tonight. What are your favorite finds there?

Thanks!

Replies

• nutmeg0686
    nutmeg0686 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think their free range/organic eggs are cheaper than most big grocery stores so I try to stock up on those. Their meat selection is also nice. I find the organic free range chicken breasts to be of better quality and a little bit cheaper than the equivalent categories of meat at a big box grocery store.

I'm also a fan of their Island Soyaki. I use it on rice and chicken and use it to sautee fish, kale, asparagus...pretty much everything. I also think their selection of frozen fruit is pretty good and they don't have added sugars/sucrose.

Back when I wasn't eating as clean, I loved their breakfast burritos with eggs, potatos, cheese and turkey bacon. So good! Their pub cheese is also excellent.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm not the biggest fan of trader joe's, I'd say stay away from their produce for the most part.

Things I usually buy if I go there:
    1) organic, unsalted creamy peanut butter
    2) Sprouted grain breads
    3) Unsweetened soy milk
    4) extra firm tofu
    5) Tempeh
    6) frozen berries, organic spinach and organic broccoli
    7) bean and corn enchiladas (frozen)
  • Whart0603
    Whart0603 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    They have raw, unsalted pistachios and almonds. Almond bag has 16 servings and pistachios bag has 8 servings. Both are very good and less money than I have found anywhere else.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Wild Alaskan Salmon. Yummmmmmmm
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Their almond butter is cheaper than my regular grocery store. I love their cheese case :) So many options.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    There is one about a ten minute walk from my office. I sometimes walk down there at lunch to pick something up. Like the goat milk brie, along with either Pepperoni or Salame rounds. Had their Bacon and Spinach with Poppy Seed dressing salad for lunch today. Very yummy.
  • betrayalunknown
    Options
    1) cinnamon cookie spread (find with the peanut butter)

2) dark chocolate ginger chews (clear candy tubs in the freezer section)

3) cheap Luna and Clif bars

4) Reduced Guilt Spinach Artichoke dip (find by the hummus-- this is made with greek yogurt instead of mayo)

5) Low sodium boxed soups

6) Light Champagne Vinagrette bottled dressing

7) Eggplant dip (in small glass jar with the tapenades)

8) 0% Greek Yogurt

9) Light Kettle corn (available in a big bag of portioned out sizes)

10) Honey Sesame almonds and cashews (warning... very addictive!!)

11) Cherry tomatoes

12) Fiber fruit bars... only 39-59cents each (find them in produce or checkout)

13) Soy cherry chip icecream

14) Ak-Mak crackers

15) Chili mangos

lol I go to Trader Joes once every two weeks, and this is what I buy at the very least every single time :)
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    egg white salad, 100 calories the whole container! hummus, teryaki chicken (frozen, 150 calories per cup), boxed salads for lunches. everything really. i second the island soyaki.

edit to add champagne vinagrette 45 calories 2 tbsp and the cilantro dressing, same 45 calories. also yogurt chive dip.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites:

Dark chocolate covered edamame

Mahi mahi frozen burgers, if you can find them

Pomegranate greek yogurt

Frozen super sweet yellow corn

Mediterranean hummus
  • jesekelynne
    Options
    Its the only place in my area where I can get Dorot minced garlic, cilantro and basil. They are in the freezer section. They are little frozen packs (like mini ice cubes), that you can just pop into whatever you are cooking to add great flavor. I want them to make all seasonings....I would sure buy them! They also have roasted plaintain chips, which I don't usually eat, but my hubby and kids love!
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Um, primarily their chocolate croissants. They make the most magnificent breakfast treat on my alternate days when I get a few hundred calories more.
  • LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Their Pineapple Salsa is good on EVERYTHING, and only 10 cal for 2 tbsp. I could eat it by itself.
  • mheath1293
    mheath1293 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Heart Healthy Whole Grain Cranberry Oatmeal is amazing.
  • jf0311
    jf0311 Posts: 17
    Options
    Edamame. 20 bags at a time. It is about a 20 min drive, so we stock up.
  • irisheyes7177
    irisheyes7177 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love their Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salsa...so fresh! I buy almost all of my groceries there now.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Avocado #1 Guacamole. Mmm!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    All of their trail mixes (Trek mixes)... YUMMY! And their selection of dried fruit without preservatives is better than any other food store I can get to.
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    Huge fan of TJ's...Power to the Greens (in their produce department)...use in my green smoothies...actually, I love their produce department...just roasted up some organic green beans last night...delish.

They have some fun Guiltless Gourmet in the frozen food section.

Grilled or roasted frozen corn...great flavor to add to turkey meatloaf.

Ezekiel breads and tortillas! Make sure to get the most recent date. And then keep in your fridge or freezer.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I get the majority of my groceries there. Fav snacks are Veggie Stix and the Nutty Chocolate Drizzled granola bars.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    Everything...

Quinoa
    Chia Seeds
    Banana, Orange, Strawberry Juice
    Edamame Hummus
    Less Guilt Multigrain Pita Chips
    Cheap, clean, good fruit and vegetables
    Peanut, Almond, Hazelnut, Sunflower Butter
    Polenta
    Tart Non-fat Frozen Yogurt (Addiction)
    Seafood, especially Scallops
    Dishwasher Detergent
    Sunscreen
    Cat Litter (for putting in the bottom of trash cans)
    Light Champagne Vinaigrette Dressing
    Non-fat Greek Yogurt
    Free range organic eggs
    Organic Milk
    Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk