Replies

• KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    bump for the next time I go there
  • Persian99
    Persian99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I used to do a lot of shopping there, and I'm going to start again. Today for lunch I'm having one of their pre-packed salads: Lemon Chicken & Arugula w/ couscous & red quinoa. I get almond butter, peanut butter, and lots of snacks for my son there. They also have a decent variety of frozen foods.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip!!!!! It's a wonderful replacement to Spinach Dip!

They also have great Carne Asada, and Pollo Asada! Throw on some corn tortillas with onion, cilantro and lime!
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    That's like asking a kid what he likes in a candy store. I always leave with an empty wallet and several bags of goodies
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Everything. Just plain everything.
    cut brussels sprouts, cut squash (because I love butternut squash and hate to prep it), cheese, oh - the Canadian bacon is a great replacement for ham (lower cal) - the sparkling juices, greek yogurt...sheesh.
    I find it so easy to shop there I can do all my weekly shopping. LOVE.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Mango Slices. They are super-yummy, relatively cheap and make a really good snack food to take on bike rides. They helped me get through a 200 mile bike ride last month.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Mint dark chocolate espresso beans

bacon ranch cheddar dip

Edamame

Dark chocolate covered almonds

dried apricots

mango slices
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything. Their store brand products are GMO-free, their organic produce is much cheaper than regular grocery stores (in ABQ, anyway), their store brand sliced turkey is inexpensive and is hormone and antibiotic-free, their milk is cheaper...I could go on and on. Trader Joe's is the only store I shop at. I love it.

ETA: Their chocolate is AMAZING! And, I really like their recycled toilet paper and paper towels.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I just finished eating some Marcona Almonds with Rosemary. So yummy! And before the doctor put me on low carb, I loved their frozen Black Bean and Corn Enchiladas.
  • Persian99
    Persian99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add that I also like their frozen Chili Lime Chicken Burgers.
  • WarningBell
    Options
    Love this thread..bump!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Plain 2% Greek Yogurt!
    Hummus
    BBQ Popped Chips
    Chocolatey Cat Cookies (for people!)
    Coconut Oil
    Quinoa Duo with veggies (in the freezer)
    Frozen Brown Rice (for quick meals)
    Multi-Grain Oatmeal
    Almond Butter
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • LikesVeges
    LikesVeges Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My new favorites helping with weight-loss:

Papaya Mango Fresh Salsa with the Multigrain Tortilla Chips.

Yogurt Squishers put in the freezer for a yummy 60 calorie treat (Way better than the Gogurts).

Right now I am buying the 32 oz. NF Greek plain yogurt and mixing it with the 16oz Vanilla plain Yogurt. (Makes it not too sweet and better calorie-wise.) Yum, I put on my berries or peaches in the morning with a 1/4 cup of the Berry Granola (comes in a bag).
  • jl622
    jl622 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Samosas, they are amazing!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    omega mix trail mix individual packs, great for on the go snacking.
    soy creamy ice cream vanilla sandwiches, my favorite cheat treats
    any of their hummus is amazing, my favorite is the edamame hummus. mmmm.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I get almost everything at TJs! Better quality, unique items, and usually cheaper! For years I assumed it would be more expensive but when I started shopping there regularly, I was saving literally about $75/ month!

* All produce (it doesn't last as long as produce from other stores since it's not genetically modified but it's better quality). I especially like the bagged Herb Mix (makes a very flavorful salad)
    * Bread/ tortillas/ pita bread
    * Cheese
    * Polenta
    * Yogurt
    * Cottage cheese
    * Milk
    * Eggs
    * Pasta sauce (though I rarely make pasta anymore)
    * Hummus
    * Turkey chili (sooooo good!)
    * Soups
    * Chicken breakfast sausage (way tastier than you would think!)
    * If I have a get-together at the house, I always get their snacky things, like crackers, artisan bread, cookies, desserts, etc.
    * WINE!

The only things I don't buy there are meats and fish because although super-yummy, I believe it's more expensive there. I get those either at Fresh & Easy (packaged), or at a typical grocery store that has a meat/fish counter.

edited to add...
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Their Pineapple Salsa is good on EVERYTHING, and only 10 cal for 2 tbsp. I could eat it by itself.

^^^ Yes!! AND the popcorn with olive oil! The bomb!
  • hilarryus
    hilarryus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Some of my favs....

Jalapeño and cilantro hummus
    Chicken Verde Burritos
    TJ shredded wheat cereal
    Pesto tortellini bowl
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Meatless meatballs (SO AMAZING), tofu, hummus, dairy free soy cherry chocolate chip ice cream, vegetable nests, orange chickenless chicken, chickenless pulled bbq chicken!!

I always get a bag of organic avocados too.

Their free range eggs are still produced by chickens whose beaks have been cut back so I won't use them : /