Trader Joe's

Options

Replies

• t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bumping for my next trip there :) Thanks all!!
  • jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    bump
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate covered espresso beans!
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's. Its one of the things I miss about L.A. :smile:
    Now I have to travel 2 1/2 hours to get to one (though soon, it'll only be a 45 minute drive) :frown:

hummus
    yogurt jalapeno cheese
    pre-seasoned tofu
    aged parmesan pre sliced cheese
    Better n peanut butter
    Ezekiel bread
    lavash bread
    trail mixes
    candied pecans
    frozen apple blossoms (sinful and soooo delish)
    speaking of sinful.. inside out carrot cake cookies
    I used to get Double Rainbow pumpkin ice cream. I couldn't find it there anymore

oh and during the holidays.. the pumpkin pies, the pre-made sides of sweet potatoes and potatoes au gratin.. mmmm

oh two buck chuck of course!

forgot the edamame... shelled and in the pod! oh and pumpkin butter! :love:
    oh geesh, I'll be here all night..
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    On the non-healthy side, the mini-peanut butter cups.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't have enough space to list all the wonderful stuff I love from Trader Joe's but these are a few...lol
    Unsweetened dried mango YUM!
    Best price on Organic eggs, half n half, kefir and Ezekiel bread
    great selection of raw nuts
    and free coffee while you shop!
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Frozen apple blossoms? That has intrigued me. I will have to look for that. Apples, specifically braeburn apples, are in my current top five fave snacks.
  • rf169606
    rf169606 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love their boxed soups for an easy lunch and, as other people have mentioned, their nut butters are really good and fairly inexpensive.

Also great cheese selection!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Wine! I love their wine selection. Always lots of cases of Two Buck Chuck in stock.

Their dairy case is pretty nifty, too. I like their fat free greek yogurt and low fat kefir.

If you need some healthy (ish) pre-made foods, the produce department has some ready to eat salads, side dishes, and some entreés that won't break your calorie bank for the day.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Frozen apple blossoms? That has intrigued me. I will have to look for that. Apples, specifically braeburn apples, are in my current top five fave snacks.

They are delish! They are like li'l mini apple pies in a puff pastry. You just pop them in the microwave for a minute, top w/ their whipped cream and its like a dessert as good as you'd get at a restaurant.

The last few times I've gone, I've stayed away from them. But really only because I didn't think I could get any frozen items home w/ my 2 1/2 hr drive. :laugh:
  • heidikat72
    heidikat72 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    TJ's is my snack haven
    thai lime and chili cashews- addictive!
    cinnamon almonds
    really good dried fruit - blueberries, cherries, different varieties of raisins etc
    peach chipotle salsa
    pineapple salsa
    edamame crackers
    horseradish hummus - my absolute fav hummus anywhere
    and back when i ate more dairy - i would go there just for the cheese selection alone
  • ChrissyLpwe
    ChrissyLpwe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump trying to make a list of new things to try
  • Susann1963
    Susann1963 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Its the only place in my area where I can get Dorot minced garlic, cilantro and basil. They are in the freezer section. They are little frozen packs (like mini ice cubes), that you can just pop into whatever you are cooking to add great flavor. I want them to make all seasonings....I would sure buy them! They also have roasted plaintain chips, which I don't usually eat, but my hubby and kids love!

I LOVE these!!!! ALWAYs have them in my freezer!!!
  • rf169606
    rf169606 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I'll have to look for those during the winter
    One of my favorite indulgences there is coming up in a few months! Seasonally they sell chocolate covered marshmallows with candy cane pieces in them. YUM. I stock up on those. That's a dessert that's totally worth indulging in every once in a while for me.
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    They are delish! They are like li'l mini apple pies in a puff pastry. You just pop them in the microwave for a minute, top w/ their whipped cream and its like a dessert as good as you'd get at a restaurant.

Well, now I'm sad. They sound absolutely delicious... but my freezer is bursting and I can't seem to get it empty enough to buy more fun freezer stuff. I have too many bags of their frozen pasta dishes that you cook in the frying pan and the frozen cubes of sauce thaw with the pasta. Those are amazing, but I bought them before I got serious about this diet and now have a hard time either eating them or throwing them away. I don't want to waste them, but even though they aren't outrageous calorie-wise, they seem to be mostly carbs and sugar.
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Roasted red pepper and tomato soup - low sodium!!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Their coffee is cheap AND delicious!!
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    TJ's Roasted Seaweed Snack - whole package is only 70 calories (and they are delicious!)

They also have Brie Bites, and mini goat cheese rounds (in addition to Laughing Cow minibabybel cheese rounds)

I also recently found "just a handful" of cashews which is a big bag of a bunch of smaller, serving size little bags of cashews.

I like things that have single serving size packaging.:smile:
  • JAGgirl47
    JAGgirl47 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love their British multigrain English muffins. Also love the eggplant and roasted garlic spread. Yogurt prices are the best around. In the a.m.'s have to have their Irish breakfast tea... it's nice and strong and pretty inexpensive for a large box.