Trader Joe's

Options

Replies

• hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    They are delish! They are like li'l mini apple pies in a puff pastry. You just pop them in the microwave for a minute, top w/ their whipped cream and its like a dessert as good as you'd get at a restaurant.

Well, now I'm sad. They sound absolutely delicious... but my freezer is bursting and I can't seem to get it empty enough to buy more fun freezer stuff. I have too many bags of their frozen pasta dishes that you cook in the frying pan and the frozen cubes of sauce thaw with the pasta. Those are amazing, but I bought them before I got serious about this diet and now have a hard time either eating them or throwing them away. I don't want to waste them, but even though they aren't outrageous calorie-wise, they seem to be mostly carbs and sugar.

Would one of those be the gnocchi and red sauce?
    That was one of my fave easy meals.

Reading my list, there's a lot of sinful things that came to my mind.. beginning to understand my weight gain! :laugh:

Oh, and what was just mentioned .. the "just a handful". I'd get almonds. Have some in my cupboard now.
    TJ's also has great unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Prefer it even over my Blue Diamond.
    They also have good '100 calorie' mini dark chocolate bars.
    Mini crumpets. Top w/ their honey and its like a mini version of pancakes and syrup

And another 'sinful' item.... walnut zucchini bread.

See, I'm going to be here all night.
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i love love love trader joe's! I'm lucky enough to have one 5 blocks from home -
    LOTS of vegetarian options, two buck chuck, way friendly staff, much cheaper prices than elsewhere and great veggies!!, plus i always walk there!:tongue:
  • mpjmlmom
    mpjmlmom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Huge TJ fan! Chili lime chicken patties, the new brownie oat bars (peanut butter too), and their sushi and the individual 100 calorie dark chocolate bars are great to have on hand for when you really need a sweet treat. I'm not a dk choc fan but these do a good job of getting rid of the cravings for sweets.
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Would one of those be the gnocchi and red sauce?
    That was one of my fave easy meals.

Yup. Along with a penne in a creamy red sauce, linguini and clams and a broccoli cheese risotto. I gave in and ate the mushroom ravioli in a carb fix last week.
  • ambeer2
    ambeer2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My favorites:

• Dark chocolate-covered espresso beans
    • Flaxseed tortilla chips
    • Brown rice sushi sampler
    • Mango cream bars
    • Indian Fare Jaipur Vegetables (bag in a box)
    • Joe Joe's chocolate creme sandwich cookies
    • Raw crunchy unsalted almond butter
    • Unsweetened coconut milk
    • Jarred dill pickles — so delicious and fresh-tasting!
    • Goddess salad dressing
    • Spinach and artichoke dip in the freezer section
    • Vegetable Masala burgers (freezer section)
    • Tarte d'Champignon French-style flatbread (freezer section)

I could go on. So many good things there. Someone also started a blog a while back, posting reviews of stuff they bought there: whatsgoodattraderjoes.com
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ideas, I don't go there too often, but next time I'll have to check some things out!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Roasted Corn Salsa, Fage and Ginger Chews!
  • TheMisses22
    TheMisses22 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I can't wait to try some of these things next time I go.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I must have their
    breads
    eggs
    cheeses

....and everything else. I have abandoned all other stores for TJ's:heart:
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's! My very favorite item that I like is their Pumpkin Bread Mix and they only have it in the Fall and Winter.:love:
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's! My very favorite item that I like is their Pumpkin Bread Mix and they only have it in the Fall and Winter.:love:

Now this is for the HOLIDAYS...but after u bake that pumpking brfead...u get a jar of the pumpkin butter, mix it with mascarpone cheese...in their dairy section (I think, but it is there, maybe near the fresh mozza)...keep adding to get the right amount--depends how sweet u want it...it is now the topping to your HOLIDAY ONLY pumpkin bread.

It has made me a celebrity in my own family. (Do not let on that u did not make it all yourself from scratch)... hehehhe:laugh:
  • goodbyerachel
    Options
    COOKIE BUTTER. I swear, I could die of happiness to eat that all day, every day. YUM.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Cheese. And more cheese. And then more cheese. I love their Asiago/parmesan/provelone/romano blend on salads. Their guilt free mac and cheese is good, and i love their gorgonzola gnocchi (but it's certainly not a diet-friendly food!)
  • alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump for when TJ's opens here in October. Can't wait!!!!
  • gpwalling
    gpwalling Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great store! I like their peanut butter with flax seeds and almond butter with flax seeds. I like their jams. They have handful of (individual packets) of almonds roasted for that afternoon hunger craving. TJ's has an excellent selection of tortillas of all different types. Their cheese selection is reasonably priced and excellent--particularly their Stilton and aged gouda particularly on their Everything Flatbread. Their low sodium soy sauce is great. Their organic pickle slices for sandwiches are excellent. I often buy their Daily Bread and still like it (but am now hooked on Dave's Killer Bread which has now arrived in California from Oregon--in my local Safeway). Finally, for that sandwich spread try their mustard garlic aioli.
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I adore Trader Joe's I actually look forward to grocery shopping when I go there. I love their coconut thin cookies, Peppermint Pretzels around Christmas, cookie butter, their protein powder is also really tasty, I could go on and on.
    Something non-food related that I love is the Nourishing Spa shampoo.
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This all sounds yummy. I have never been to Trader Joe's.... mostly Whole Foods
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Definitely want to come back and read this when I'm not quite so tired. Good thread
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    spicy black bean soup
    hummus
    all kinds of nuts
    sunflower seeds
    almond butter
    goat cheese
    face wash & moisturizer
    vanilla granola clusters cereal
    Everything crackers

Yummy....this thread is making me want a TJ run!
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    This thread makes me sad. The nearest TJs is almost three hours away so I don't get to go very often. :sad:

I just want you to know, how sad I am for you. But when you do go, take a cooler, a list and PLAN ahead, clear out that freezer. :wink: