What's your biggest dream?

Options

Replies

• gottennis_2
    gottennis_2 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Dinahxx01 wrote: »
    I would love to move to the Southeast area (South Carolina, Georgia or Florida). I need to get out of Illinois before it goes Bankrupt....or I do because of all the added taxes they keep wanting us all to pay.
    Yes it suck , I used to be there

Where at in Illinois?
  • MoniqueFlores1
    MoniqueFlores1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1. To be successful in my career
    2. visit south korea
    3. accomplish my goals and not give up
    4. Find my other half
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I would love to move to the Southeast area (South Carolina, Georgia or Florida). I need to get out of Illinois before it goes Bankrupt....or I do because of all the added taxes they keep wanting us all to pay.

I just moved to Illinois about 6 months ago and I regret ever coming back.

• JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    To retire somewhere near the beach and have like, 6 dogs. I want to sit on a breezy back porch with my coffee and a book most mornings, walk on the beach most evenings, and do some cooking and maybe try to paint or do something else creative in between. And I want a sailboat.

I guess I'm taking steps toward most of that. We're doing a decent job of planning for retirement and my husband shares most of my dream, so really, it's just a matter of keeping on with what we're doing, barring any unexpected circumstances. (And of course, there are always unexpected circumstances, so who knows?)

I don't think he'll let me have all those dogs, though.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »

Go West !
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    To retire somewhere near the beach and have like, 6 dogs. I want to sit on a breezy back porch with my coffee and a book most mornings, walk on the beach most evenings, and do some cooking and maybe try to paint or do something else creative in between. And I want a sailboat.

I guess I'm taking steps toward most of that. We're doing a decent job of planning for retirement and my husband shares most of my dream, so really, it's just a matter of keeping on with what we're doing, barring any unexpected circumstances. (And of course, there are always unexpected circumstances, so who knows?)

I don't think he'll let me have all those dogs, though.

Men Plan; God Laughs

However, if you don't have a plan, nothing will go according to plan.

Life typically falls somewhere in the middle, doesn't it?
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »
    Currently my big goal is to move across the country. I'll need a few grand to do so. But I'm working on it.

Where do you want to go?

Florida. Near Tampa.
  • gottennis_2
    Options
    Currently my big goal is to move across the country. I'll need a few grand to do so. But I'm working on it.

Where do you want to go?

Florida. Near Tampa.

I just left there. Hated to leave!
  • gottennis_2
    Options

Where to in Illinois?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Typical answer, to be happy. The kind of happy that shows on your face and eyes. Also, to do volunteer work. That's always been a dream of mine, to impact somebody else's life in some way, shape or form :)

For the volunteer work, just go jump in with a charity that is important to you. I didn't know anyone IRL who volunteered in rescue or Pit Bull rescue. I googled, found one not far from my house and just went. One of the best decisions of my life!

I thought this too. Volunteering is a fairly simple "dream" to make happen pretty much any time.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    A world without hate. I do what I can.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options

Where do you want to go?

Florida. Near Tampa.

I just left there. Hated to leave!

I was only there for a weekend in January. Leaving was awful. I'll be there again soon. But it will probably be my last visit before I move. The person I'm staying with takes me all over to show me around. It was so much fun. Lol didn't take much to convince me to move there.
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    To live someplace beautiful and peaceful, where I can step outside and be surrounded by nature. But does that place even exist in my price range? I think not.

So far, I'm not taking steps toward achieving it. Stuck in a rut with no escape plan, surrounded by loud neighbors who smoke like chimneys (comes right in my house when the windows are open) and let their dogs bark all night long.

The situation wasn't even THAT depressing until I typed it all out and reinforced it. Ugh. This thread made me sad, and I'm not usually sad. Time to move...

ndeid5475vku.jpeg

Sorry to hear that. Nothing worse than living near noise like that. Well there obviously is but it's so inconsiderate. Can't you look as to gorvernment enforcement notices or noise restriction notices you could gather evience and forward it to a local authority/whatever you have in your location?
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options

Right on the border close to St. Louis, Mo

Where to in Illinois?

• owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    To be successful in life after death
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @owa1s wrote: »
    To be successful in life after death

You mean like a globe salesman in heaven?
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @sw33tp3a1 wrote: »

Go West !

No, move to Toronto!
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    OOH I really want to post this song this thread reminded me of that group. Cheesy early 90's dance video coming up
    [video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txl_k3OwnJE"]https://youtube.com/watch?v=Txl_k3OwnJE[/video]
  • liftingmomlife
    liftingmomlife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I want my son to live a long healthy happy life.
    I want my dog to live as long as I do
    I want to help destroy the bully breed myths and for dogfighting/abuse to end.
    I also want to find this

w3nk73ia7nrb.jpeg

yesssssssss!!! exactly.

1. to be the best mommy i can be to my kids.
    2. that my kids will grow up to be truly happy, healthy and successful.
    3. to finish my nursing degree
    4. to love and be loved by someone completely and forever. :)

^ sometimes i get stuck in my feels :P