need plus sized friends/ motivators to help shed some lbs

Options

Replies

• Gw3nJa
    Gw3nJa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm somewhere in the 26/28 range. I'm VERY aware of how clothes shopping can be a nightmare! I'm fairly new to the site. So if you'd like to add me feel free!
  • shutterbug56
    Options
    I would love to be your friend! I started out as a size 32 women and now I'm into 20s. I'm dying to get into 18s! I do all my clothes shopping at thrift stores and yard sales because I'm dropping a size or two every month and can't possibly afford new clothes. I've gotten so that I like the used clothing so much I don't think I'll EVER buy too much new stuff again. LOL. My goal is to get back to the size I was when I graduated high school in 1974 - about 160 pounds, size 10/12. Next year is my 40 year class reunion and I plan on wearing my high school varsity jacket to the event! :)
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    What are everyone's goals like?
    Right now I would like to get to 200 lbs. I didn't want to say a 100 because I don't diet well. I start and stop and will pick back up again. This time I figured I'd take it one step at a time and when I hit my mark, make another goal.

Make small goals like 10 lbs at a time. it wont seem so overwhelming. Thats how i did it. I figured 50 lbs sounded like alot but then said to myself.....well i can lose 1 lb fifty times. Food is a huge part of it.....the biggest part of it....you cant out exercise bad nutrition
  • chantelle403
    chantelle403 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What are everyone's goals like?
    Right now I would like to get to 200 lbs. I didn't want to say a 100 because I don't diet well. I start and stop and will pick back up again. This time I figured I'd take it one step at a time and when I hit my mark, make another goal.

Make small goals like 10 lbs at a time. it wont seem so overwhelming. Thats how i did it. I figured 50 lbs sounded like alot but then said to myself.....well i can lose 1 lb fifty times. Food is a huge part of it.....the biggest part of it....you cant out exercise bad nutrition

WOW, i have never thought of it that way .. that is a really good mentality to have :)
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    ChildrenCryinNCoffee Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm Tricia. I'm 5'7 and 222 lbs. My highest weight was 318 lbs and a size 24. I'm currently in a large/size 14 and trying to get down to a 8/10. Feel free to add me!
  • retropactum
    retropactum Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I could seriously use some motivation if any of you ladies want to add me. I feel like I am the only one out there struggling and it would be nice to see you ladies on my daily feed.
  • RAEQ127
    RAEQ127 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5" and 240 size 18 as well. I have no idea what size I want to be in, but something around a 10-14. Sending you a friend request!
  • poetic_britt
    Options
    I could seriously use some motivation if any of you ladies want to add me. I feel like I am the only one out there struggling and it would be nice to see you ladies on my daily feed.

Trust me you're not alone!
  • sealevels
    sealevels Posts: 123
    Options
    I've already added some of you. :flowerforyou: Anyone else is free to add me as long as they write something. :)

I'm 255 lbs. and probably a size 20 (I avoid those tags like the plague). I'm hoping to one day be under 160 lbs. and by then I should be a 10. Last time I was 197 and a solid 12.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I was 355 now 307 and you can add me
  • sav3175
    sav3175 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi I'm not plus sized anymore but i used to be 246 lbs and was an 18/20 I have lost 90lbs and 53.5in all over my body and fit into a size 8 if anyone would like to add me I would love to be of support. It can be done you can achieve your goals :)
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I started at 240 in a size 22...never thought I'd get out of that size. I'm in a size 16 now but would love love love to get back into a 14. My goal was a 16, but like you said, nothing wrong with making a new goal :) Be sure to keep an eye on the pant size changing...the scale has not moved much for me throughout my journey, but I'm down a few sizes so SOMETHING is working lol! Off to add you!
  • pjmccoy83
    pjmccoy83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow you all sound like a replica of myself!! I too am between 16-18 size...since I can remember. i am 5'5 220 and very busty. most times i have to get pants up a size bc they are just too tight around my gut. I think I remember wearing a 14...but not for long. I would like to be a size 12-14. I have already lost 5 lbs in about a week and a half. I would love to motivate you all and get motivated in return! Please help me loose this gut so that i can be ready for next summer :glasses:
  • dkirkling
    dkirkling Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'7" wearing a size 18-20. My goal is to get back into a size 12-14. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Jeanie821
    Jeanie821 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add me. At one point I was 278, and after a few years, I am at 186. I have only found MFP a while back. I haven't been real good about keeping track, but most of my friends are the same. I think it would help if I have friends that check in more than once a month..LOL. Oh...and at my highest weight, I was in a 22-24. Now...some things I can wear a 14, some things a 17. Frustrating!
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    i love torrids TOO EXPENSIVE

Yes! I love torrids too, but you're right - they are way too expensive. :(

Clearance rack... I have gotten some VERY cute clothes off of there after they put them on clearance.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm a 20-22 in dress size. Started at 278lbs and down 22lbs so far. Feel free to add me. I'm on here very regularly (mildly addicted) and like a good circle of optimistic and dedicated friends to join me on this journey!
  • HeadsPoppingOutOfCups
    Options
    I'm new as well and looking for some inspiration.

Also I think I must be built differently, I'm 5'6",224 (was 231 three weeks ago, yay!), and am a size 20 as well. I'm surprised that others my weight/height are coming in at 18/16. Must be my lack of a chest, lol.
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    I'm with you. I've lost 13 pounds since June and am trying desperately to get out of size 18s! Feel free to add me!
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated...blog every day and track everyday regardless of bad or good days..

Feel free to add me