Don't Stress the Stalls! Use this to help from being frustrated

Options
2»

Replies

• JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Ok...someone please help my new *kitten*. What happens between 06/23 and 06/30? I love your chart by the way...just confused on why it keeps going down then jumps up and stays.

Is that just an average after that point?

I'm guessing he hits goal weight and allows a few lbs to account for working out maintenance. Something about the stores of sugar and water when you are no longer losing weight so if you want to maintain at 175lbs best to lose to just under that.
  • iammedee
    iammedee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this because I thought it was just me. I also lose in chunks. I lost 14lbs the next week after not losing after 3 weeks. Then recently I stalled for 3-4 weeks with no weight loss, then this morning I lost another 9.2lbs.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Thanks after four years of losing I still need to tell myself WL is NOT linear.

I try to look at month to month rather than week to week.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Ok...someone please help my new *kitten*. What happens between 06/23 and 06/30? I love your chart by the way...just confused on why it keeps going down then jumps up and stays.

@spiffychick85 yes it is projected weight based on average lost to date
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    Options
    V4kerker wrote: »
    johnnylew have you done any other spread sheets to compare to stalls and drops, like body part measurements or total calories for that week and or macros?

@V4kerker now that I am approaching desired weight loss I am getting the tape measure out. The water weight will be deceiving soon and the measurements will be a better indicator of success

• anorman16
    anorman16 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing. I have been retaining water the past two days and am experiencing a stall right now despite logging within range sand working out every day. Thank you for sharing!
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    Options

Oh and 175 is my desired weight so that's why you see a straight line in the future
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    Options
    anorman16 wrote: »
    Perfect timing. I have been retaining water the past two days and am experiencing a stall right now despite logging within range sand working out every day. Thank you for sharing!

@anorman16 before I could see the pattern and understand that the body (mine and others are sharing the same timing) could retain up to 4 lbs of water while still reducing fat I had to share what I learned. I definitely don't freak out and more relaxed about the progress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!