Alternative to the Candy Dish for Work Gatherings/Meetings?

Options
2»

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why would you need anything? What happened to "hello, nice to see you"?
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Nakd bars might be a good idea - or the little Sun Maid boxes of raisins.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    When I go to a meeting I'm lucky if I get a cup of tea. In fact, a cup of tea is generally ALL I want. I'm there for a meeting, not to eat.

That or fresh water, in a jug, with ice.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    jbirdgreen wrote: »
    So one of the biggest displays of hospitality in my industry (gov. employee) is to have a candy dish. Have one in your office, bring one to your meetings, hand it out like swag if you're setting up an informational booth, etc.

However, I work for the Health Dept. now, and I think it just seems kind of hypocritical to be handing out candy whenever there's a gathering.

What healthy item would you use to replace the candy? I am blanking out, so I need your help! I prefer individually wrapped things because I'm a germaphobe, and humans are gross.

I was thinking the Sunsweet individually wrapped prunes, but people may be disappointed by that. What do you think?

I guess its hard to work against a culture that has been developed and established, but I don't think you need to have a dish of anything at all. We get nothing at regular casual meetings where I am, bottled water for slightly more formal meetings, and sometimes a pack of nuts or a granola bar depending on length of meeting. If its more organized like a seminar or training session, a catering company might be called in to provide a decent meal on site.
  • yellingkimber
    yellingkimber Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I would be over the moon to get a tea bag out of a candy dish.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Please don't hand out prunes unless you accompany them with complimentary TP :laugh:

Yeah, I wish they worked like that for me, lol. I can eat 3 cups and not have any effect. Still love them, though.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I think someone makes single-serving fruit roll-up 'fruit leather' that is individually wrapped.