Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Niples_ wrote: »
    owa1s wrote: »
    owa1s wrote: »
    Honestly, mine was "eat more, lift heavier"

Probably the opposite of what a lot of people on here would agree with, but it helped me gain muscle and get closer to my ideal body

Well eat in surplus is better than "eat more" because eating as much as u want will just bring on a lot of fat with the muscle you've gained

Some people have a very hard time eating more, so eating as much as they want often tends to not be enough. Not everyone is on here because they overeat. In her case telling her to eat more was good advice, you didn't ask for blanket advice to help everyone.
    I understand but I mean she shouldn't advice someone else about that ( in my opinion) because for example if increasing 500 calories doesn't work for u u can increase it to 250 and keep on adding until u see the change or decrease when u feel like u r gaining fat. That's all I'm saying :)

The kind of person that advice is aimed towards is the person who will eat an additional 250 calories for a week, feel fat, and immediately go back into a deficit. Nobody on here is just going to advise someone to go hog wild eating. Even someone who struggles to add more calories is going to be given more detailed advice on how to do it beyond just "eat more".

Every time I see one of your posts you are arguing with someone.

@Niples_ You must not be around much. I like to clear misinformation and in this case stick up for someone who shared what helped them, then essentially got told it wasn't good advice. I'm not one to be quiet on certain issues and I'm okay with that.

I wasn't saying eat unlimited additional calories. You clearly don't know me because I am the biggest tracker of food ever. I just went on vacation and still tracked what I ate. And this was a personal opinion. I wasn't advising anyone else of it. I started off eating 1,000 calories x day, running 4+ miles and looked like crap. I wasn't toned, I was sloppy, and I was weak, unhappy and shaky most of the day. I eat 1,400 calories now, lift for 90-120 minutes a day and my body composition changed complete. The thread was about "posting advice that has changed your life for the better" that was mine.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    You don't have to answer the phone. If it's important, they'll leave a message. If it's REALLY important, they'll call back.