Advice for bizarre body shape

Please ignore the mess in the background. I was very stressed that day!!!

mffbs7eah00vw.jpg The attached photograph is me lying down as I normally would and, as you can see, my rib cage is very very prominent which I hate. I feel such obvious ribs, even when standing, make me look like I am far too thin even though my bmi is 24 so if anything I am close to overweight. Is there anything I can do to look less.....weird?

Replies

• KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Mine's the same.
    It's just the ribcage structure vs waist size.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,082 Member
    Nothing looks bizarre about you in the picture.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    I don't see ribs. Just the outline of a ribcage while you have gravity pulling your stomach below it. Perfectly normal.

THIS.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    My ribs always stick up just like that when lying down. It's normal. Stop worrying about it!
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    With your stats, the only thing that would be bizarre would be if your ribcage didn't look like that. It's perfectly normal. Nice tummy too, you have great looking skin B)
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    That's normal. I used to think it was weird, too, and always thought it was just fat lumps -- it was only when I realized my bra was hitting on pure bone that I started Googling. Apparently that's super common in some people, and it's just how the ribcage flares.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Yep you're normal
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    My ribs always stick up just like that when lying down. It's normal. Stop worrying about it!

Mine, too.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    I'll echo what others have said - perfectly normal. I can see mine like that even when I'm standing up straight. My fiancé likes them... he calls them my riblets. :D
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    With your stats, the only thing that would be bizarre would be if your ribcage didn't look like that. It's perfectly normal. Nice tummy too, you have great looking skin B)

I was just going to say, OP you have gorgeous skin! :blush:
  • crazyycatlady1
    crazyycatlady1 Posts: 292 Member
    Normal shape of things.