Running 4-5 miles a day lead to weight loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    johnnylew wrote: »
    I eat healthily. I cut out all complex carbs (no white carbs) sugar, and saturated fats. Since I lead a busy lifestyle, I sometimes don't even get in 1200 calories daily.
    You can't outun a bad diet.

If you aren't overweight, just set a low deficit and let it take time.

Running five miles a day every day sounds like a good way to hurt yourself. Rest and recovery are really important in an exercise program.

I lift 2-3 days a week, run 2-3 days a week, and rest 1-2 days a week. When I eat in a deficit, I lose. When I eat too much, I don't. Simple as that.

if you're eating gross 1200 cals you should be losing weight. are you measuring your intake accurately?

Funny I posted one time I was consuming 1200 calories and people jumped all over me saying this was dangerous and I shouldnt be posting that. Threatened to shut down the thread, it was hilarious.

My post does not say that OP should be only eating that amount, it's quite obviously a question, not an instruction.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    If I maybe drop the weight lifting and stick to the running, 4-5 miles a day, do you believe I can see results from this?

If the result you're after is overuse injury, then carry on.