Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

throwing scales away?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It is really easy to get caught up on the number on the scales. It helps guide the process of loosing weight as you can instantly see the positive or negative results. But would it be more beneficial to focus on the feeling you are gaining? Happiness as you become healthier?

I didn't weigh myself for several years. I don't think it was helpful when my goal was losing weight. I'm going to keep weighing regularly.
    If you are at a healthy weight or not very overweight maybe you don't need that information much. If you have quite a bit to lose then I think it is more beneficial to use the information from the scale to help gauge progress.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    CipherZero wrote: »
    A scale measures the reality of youe weight. What you do with that knowledge isn't the scale's fault.

I agree with this.
  • gen39
    gen39 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A scale is just a tool.

If someone's being neurotic about the number on the scale, it's a psychological problem, not a problem with the tool itself. Also, give it away or something, don't toss it in the trash. :|