Sunscreen. Moisturizer. Retin-A.
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ask Janet Jackson.

But seriously, here's what you need:
    -Good genetics
    -Diet high in whole/unprocessed plant foods. My skin looks better now than it did before I changed my diet to 95% plant based.
    -The sun is good for vit D but avoid sun exposure to your face, always wear a hat if in the sun for hours.
    -Don't wash your face too much or use too many products/makeup/cleansers etc
    -Don't squint, raise eyebrows, frown, furrow your brows etc. Essentially don't move your face..j/k
    -Avoid sleeping on your face, or rather don't let your face sleep on the pillow, arm etc. Avoids stretching.
    -Cardiovascular exercise on most days.
    -Not smoking is a no-brainer.

I've followed most of these and at 43, I have no crows' feet or wrinkles. I copied what my mum did and at 74, she has great skin. I didn't start wearing make up until my 30s, I wash my face only at night with hot water and oil, then I use coconut oil as my moisturizer. I use minimal makeup and I don't use sunscreen.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It's largely genetic I think. I stopped smoking years ago,only drink in moderation,use sunscreen religiously,get plenty of exercise and fresh air and eat a reasonably "healthy "diet but have developed wrinkles despite it all. My husband eats rubbish,rarely exercises,drinks a lot more than I do anx only recently stopped smoking. He looks 10 years younger than his age.
    As you get older,being slim can age your face (in my experience) Friends who are the same age as me,but are overweight,have fewer wrinkles than I do.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    it has a lot to do with genetics as I dont smoke or drink and I had no wrinkles at all until I lost weight. I lost the weight in my face and it caused wrinkles. my mom on the other hand smokes and drinks and looks older than her age.my aunt does neither and she looks younger than my mom even though shes about 10 yrs older.but she doesnt eat the greatest and is overweight. my grandma looked younger than her age too and didnt smoke or drink,those things can age you though as it robs your body of certain nutrients.I wear makeup maybe twice a year and wash it mostly with water,I will use a gentle cleanser when I think it needs it. my skin is great otherwise.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Sunscreen and water are top 2. Google facial yoga. Lots of exercises for the many muscles in the face.