Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    On the one hand, this has the potential to be the best of all the Star Wars standalone films. After all, there's so much more to Obi-Wan's story. So much we don't know.

With An 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' Star Wars Movie In The Works, Only One Thing Matters
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/08/18/with-an-obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-movie-in-the-works-only-one-thing-matters/#4c7e3b9d643f

The weird thing though is that they ended the prequel with him just walking away on Tatooine. So wtf has he been doing for 20 years? Just living life as a hermit on Tatooine?

Possibly, the only real reference they make before he's introduced in ANH is Uncle Owen calling him a crazy old man.

Maybe we'll get a two hour movie of him practicing his chip shot from the sand dunes.

He has a comic out now that is canon. He also appears in Star Wars Rebels, also canon.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    j_bark wrote: »
    ywriimpcx57i.jpg

That's awesome!

It is but it would be loads cooler if it wasn't Darth Maul

What's wrong with Maul? Outside of everything?

He literally had no lines. He's just bad for the sake of being bad.

And then he died.

He was awesome and poorly used
  • cee134
    Options
    ywriimpcx57i.jpg

That's awesome!

And then he died.

ETA: Although I just googled and apparently he survived his injuries? But then he's just gone, so I thought it was a waste. Everyone was all hyped and then *kitten* all happened.

He did not die. He actually lives and is in a bunch of the Star Wars TV shows, where Obi Wan finally kills him in Star Wars Rebels.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    ywriimpcx57i.jpg

That's awesome!

And then he died.

ETA: Although I just googled and apparently he survived his injuries? But then he's just gone, so I thought it was a waste. Everyone was all hyped and then *kitten* all happened.

Actually in cannon he survives...
    I thought he was freaking awesome and made that movie watchable...
    Coolest character in the prequels...
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    ywriimpcx57i.jpg

That's awesome!

And then he died.

SLICE
  • j_bark
    Options
    I don't even get how you guys can like nerdy stuff like that. I mean, honestly...

GET OUT OF MY SAFE SPACE

Calm down. It's me we're talking about here, remember? C'mon, bring it in, let's hug it out, Counselor Troi. lol

She was the worst actress on the whole show.

I agree until Crusher walks on screen. Speaking of which did the two ever share dialogue?
  • j_bark
    Options
    who do you think would win in a fight between General Grievous and Darth Maul?

Grievous sucks. Worse use of four arms ever.
  • cee134
    Options
    Obi Wans in hiding from Vader and the emperor, and supposed to be guarding Luke

No point in him searching for the Emperor because he knows he can not kill Sideous, since he is not the chosen one. He also knows that he can not kill Vader because then there will be no chosen one to stop Sideous either...

The story will probably be centered around his learning to communicate with Qui Gon, discovering that Anakin is alive and Darth Vader and realizing that Vader is in fact the chosen one and eventually revealing to the audience, Yoda and his belief that the only thing strong enough to bring Vader back from the dark side to defeat Sideous is his love as a father, Luke and or Lieh....

Sorry I feel like I just spoiled the whole thing... Lol

Ummmm..... No, did you not see Star Wars Revenge of the Sith? Obi Wan and Yoda both know Vader is Anakin. In the comic and TV shows he is quite active. There is no telling what direction they want to go. He helps out a lot of locals as well as keeping an eye on Luke.
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    Just make it like the movie "nebraska" some old dude on a roadtrip across tattooine, doesnt have to be an action movie
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ywriimpcx57i.jpg

That's awesome!

And then he died.

He did not die. He actually lives and is in a bunch of the Star Wars TV shows, where Obi Wan finally kills him in Star Wars Rebels.

At some point wasn't he the leader of the Deathwatch as well?(not sure if cannon) I'm really going to have to sit down one weekend and binge watch Star Wars Rebels.
  • cee134
    Options
    ywriimpcx57i.jpg

That's awesome!

And then he died.

At some point wasn't he the leader of the Deathwatch as well?(not sure if cannon) I'm really going to have to sit down one weekend and binge watch Star Wars Rebels.

I don't think so, but I'm not positive. He had a better role in Clone Wars.
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    ywriimpcx57i.jpg

That's awesome!

And then he died.

I don't think so, but I'm not positive. He had a better role in Clone Wars.

I went back and found it, thought I'd remembered reading about it when I was on a Mandalorian kick. It was after he created the Shadow Collective but I don't think it was a very long leadership role before he was captured by Darth Sidious.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

No point in him searching for the Emperor because he knows he can not kill Sideous, since he is not the chosen one. He also knows that he can not kill Vader because then there will be no chosen one to stop Sideous either...

The story will probably be centered around his learning to communicate with Qui Gon, discovering that Anakin is alive and Darth Vader and realizing that Vader is in fact the chosen one and eventually revealing to the audience, Yoda and his belief that the only thing strong enough to bring Vader back from the dark side to defeat Sideous is his love as a father, Luke and or Lieh....

Ummmm..... No, did you not see Star Wars Revenge of the Sith? Obi Wan and Yoda both know Vader is Anakin. In the comic and TV shows he is quite active. There is no telling what direction they want to go. He helps out a lot of locals as well as keeping an eye on Luke.

Okay so they find out what Darth Vader becomes, they don't actually see him as machine yet
  • Caporegiem
    Options

Is this the comic series that you're talking about cee? I haven't read any of the comics in years and I honestly don't know what's cannon and what's not now that Disney is the owner.

500?cb=20150711195038
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    724rr6idrx11.png
    ;)

What it must feel like for @kace_kay to be trapped in a room overran by star wars fans... Lol
    gqp16lca68n3.jpg

She did come to the nerd table