Post a quote

Options

Replies

• jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

So we are rocking the KJV. Solid quote.

I like ESV too but when I quote from it there’s a certain faction that won’t take it seriously

Curious who that faction is.
    Just some KJV only people of my acquaintance who believe that is the only correct English translation.

I know some of that faction. Laughable belief but I know logic and facts rarely have impact on beliefs
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

I like ESV too but when I quote from it there’s a certain faction that won’t take it seriously

Just some KJV only people of my acquaintance who believe that is the only correct English translation.

What about the Lego Brick translation? I’d be interested to see how it translates.
    I think that’s right up there with my Precious Moments living paraphrase. Excellent translation

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,560 Member
    Options
    dvqn6d1fry0t.jpeg
  • Photo_Friday
    Photo_Friday Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    "Believe in yourself, even when others doubt you, for it's the fire within that ignites the path to greatness."
    Sylvester Stallone

i4h99wybvrlw.jpg
  • UAreUrOnlyLimit
    UAreUrOnlyLimit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    "There are all kinds of love in this world, but never the same love twice"

-F Scott Fitzgerald
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,030 Member
    Options
    tmvfjj4w7k5f.jpeg
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    tmvfjj4w7k5f.jpeg

Give mf’ers roses while they alive yo 😉
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    yfcefnljsgfq.jpeg
  • MelG7777
    Options
    “Yesterday? Riot. Today? 4 for $5 sweet corn.” -some guy
  • Photo_Friday
    Photo_Friday Posts: 60 Member
    Options

What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful than the garment with which it is clothed?
    Michelangelo
  • UAreUrOnlyLimit
    UAreUrOnlyLimit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    4vv5j9g7mx22.jpg
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful
  • jbs116
    Options

I know some of that faction. Laughable belief but I know logic and facts rarely have impact on beliefs

@itchmyTwitch My comment was unintentionally harsh. I offer a sincere apology. I have a frustrating history with some of this + having a bad day. No excuse though.
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited August 2023
    Options

@itchmyTwitch My comment was unintentionally harsh. I offer a sincere apology. I have a frustrating history with some of this + having a bad day. No excuse though.
    Was it harsh? I thought it was valid

Eta: But if it was weighing on you then that’s pretty *kitten* awesome of you to come back and rectify it ❤️
  • jbs116
    edited August 2023
    Options

Was it harsh? I thought it was valid

Eta: But if it was weighing on you then that’s pretty *kitten* awesome of you to come back and rectify it ❤️

It was weighing on me, and you are too kind.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    “If there is a hole in the ground you will always see 1 guy working and 3-10 guys looking at the hole. That’s the way holes work. Write it down.”

Me to my daughter this morning when we were stopped next to the road construction guys. Feel free to quote me.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    c6ykqh4a3c8t.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    o7v5p8r1uxl5.jpeg
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    o7v5p8r1uxl5.jpeg