If you had to choose a daily workout...

Options
..which one of these would you choose? Assume 30-45 minutes for each one.

1) Morning yoga on the porch
2) Evening cardio/Beachbody in front of the TV
3) 2-4mile walk after dinner

Or I could try to fit it all in, but I don't have any exercise regimen at all right now, and want to work my way up.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    A mix of all of them
  • lifting_momlife
    lifting_momlife Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i haven't ever really been able to get into yoga... so that's out. evening cardio is good... but idk bout beachbody programs. sooo, maybe the walk! :)
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i do cardio in front of the tv 4 days a week (not beach body), mostly after work. also lifting after work 2 days and saturday mornings. i always say i'm going to add in more yoga, but i never do.

try a bit of each and see which you enjoy doing. you can always change it up if you get bored, but mostly, the exercise you enjoy is the exercise you stick to.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Powerlifting isn't on the list?!? :'(

I'd choose yoga, out of those.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Personally I would only walk out of these (I do martial arts, powerlifting, and running but I started my weightloss with just walking), but if you like all of them then I'd say a mix of all of them, 1-2 a day.

• KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Out of these options, I would choose the walking. I personally would do Zumba every day of the week, its fun and I work my *kitten* off.
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options

I have VERY weak arms, and I had a shoulder injury in January- I can't do a single knee-based pushup, or even pick up a grocery bag with my right arm without it hurting. I want to start off with something that will get me moving and flexible before building muscle back.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I have VERY weak arms, and I had a shoulder injury in January- I can't do a single knee-based pushup, or even pick up a grocery bag with my right arm without it hurting. I want to start off with something that will get me moving and flexible before building muscle back.

No judgement here! You do you!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options

Or I could try to fit it all in, but I don't have any exercise regimen at all right now, and want to work my way up.

Just do each one daily in order. Why choose? Also, I couldn't imagine walking after dinner unless there's time for my food to settle. Or at least walking fast enough for it to matter.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    D- none of the above.

Also doing the same thing over and over again- probably will bore you. No reason you have to pick JUST one. Many days in the week to do MANY things.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I've never been patient enough for yoga or walking. So, I will choose cardio dvd workout. I've seen great results consistently doing P90X and eating right. Good Luck -a little each day adds up to a lot
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I would do different things on different days to keep it interesting.
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    D- none of the above.

Also doing the same thing over and over again- probably will bore you. No reason you have to pick JUST one. Many days in the week to do MANY things.

I have lost over 40lbs doing D- none of the above :) It's time for me to start some sort of exercise other than the hiking I do on weekends. I have to figure out what I want to shuffle my job/studies/volunteering around. And I've narrowed it down to those 3 due to my recent shoulder injury.

I can have either up to an hour before work (6-7am), or up to 2 hours after work (7-9pm).
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    D- none of the above.

I'm with this one! Lifting for me.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    D- none of the above.

This.

I'd spend the 45 mins running. And then extend my run by another 45 mins.
  • fbchick51
    fbchick51 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Every good sports trainer and physical therapist has told me variety is the spice of life, especially when it comes to training programs. So, I'm with the mix it up crowd. I do a mix of swimming, lifting, aerobics classes and Yoga.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,984 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I would do the yoga and the walking. But I already do yoga 5 mornings a week and walk 3 times a week and run 3 times a week so that is basically what I do. I've never done any Beachbody workouts but that doesn't appeal to me.

ETA. I wish I could do my yoga outside. The porch sounds awesome.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    If I had to choose from the list, it would be yoga. From my list... Running ;):D
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options

I walk just about every day.

I walk as part of my commute, I walk at lunch, and I walk after work many days with my husband.

And sometimes on weekends we walk.

So of those three, I'd go with the walking.

I also cycle, so maybe that's a possibility for you too?
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options

I'd actually do the cardio 5 to 6 days a week, evening walks when I can squeeze them in or want to enjoy the outdoors, and yoga once or twice a week to refresh my body.

Well, I pretty much do that but my cardio is running outdoors, so no need for walks unless I'm hiking or nursing an injury, I do yoga 2 to 3x a week, and I do weights 2x a week.