Turkey Burgers-frozen patties

Options
13»

Replies

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I make mine. Ground turkey, salsa, a few breadcrumbs, an egg white. Extra delicious when topped with guac.

I use jenny o and make my own patties, I season them with whatever I have (chilli powder, salt, pepper,cumin etc)

However... this sounds amazing, I am going to try this next time! -Thanks
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Make your own and freeze extras - that's the only way to ensure high quality meat that isn't pumped full of preservatives and chemicals.

My favorite kind of turkey burger is fresh ground turkey breast mixed with savory seasoning (or herbs de province). No need for a binding agent, the turkey stays together well. Cook in a red wine braise (pour an inch or two of red wine into a skillet, should come up about half way up the burger, high simmer/low boil) with pomegranate seeds. Should be a smooth red wine (I usually use a good chianti, and then I get to drink the rest of the bottle during cooking and dinner- yay!) Cover during cooking to lock in moisture. Cook thoroughly, put some lettuce on a bun (I usually put the wine-soaked seeds on top of mine too) and boom! Those things are incredibly DELICIOUS! I mean, the best turkey burger I've ever had, every time.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Jenni O makes some that have green peppers and seasoning in them. They are good to grill, I grill an extra one for lunch the next day sometimes. Also loving the Morning Star Farms Spicy Blackbean Burgers. I just throw them in the microwave. The Mushroom Lovers one is good too.. I do sometimes put a blackbean one leftover on a salad and top with fresh salsa and it's good. The pizza Burger one is good too.
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't eat red meat so when I'm in the mood for a burger, turkey it is. I've had the Butterball, which was okay, nothing special. I do add lots of toppings. I don't eat bread either so the toppings is what makes it yummy. A lot of good reviews of the Jennie-O on this thread, think I'll give those a try or maybe the Aldi brand.
  • downeyek
    downeyek Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    One more vote for Jenny-O! You can get them in large packs at the regular grocery store. They're a bit thin and about 200 cals per patty...load 'em up with veggies!!!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know any brands of turkey burgers that are good that are premade patties? My husband will not eat them, so for convienence sake, I would love to try some but want to buy them frozen so I can just take one out when I want it. I guess I could just buy some ground turkey meat and make my own and freeze excess patties. I looked at my grocery store and only found plain ones. Are there any flavored kind out there? That may be the deciding factor if I buy premade or make my own. Anyone care to share some tried and true turkey burger recipes?

There is no such thing, beef, pork or lamb is superior for burgers
    QFT. Stating the blatantly obvious is a bit overkill, when the merely obvious would have sufficed.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I have often wondered this myself! Will have to try the Jenny-O!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    The deli of my local grocery stores- Meijer, County Market- always has fresh turkey burgers with seasoning and cheese or veggies in them. Check the deli of your grocery store!
  • mjlong
    mjlong Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has awesome Turkey Burgers! They aren't flavored but come in a small pack so if you are the only one eating them.
  • mjlong
    mjlong Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    And I make my own I got the recipe from bodybuilding.com, make them and freeze them! Super eays to make, just remember Turkey tends to be a dry meat so add some liquid!
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love my Jennie - O n the ones I got are 180 a patti. I know they have flavor ones n I tried the jalapeño ones and really hated them they just had a weird texture. So I still to the plain ones n just season it myself.