Best sugar free or other low calorie drinks to replace soda at family functions?

Options
2»

Replies

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Iced Tea - you could add a no-calorie sweetener if you'd like, or muddle some berries, herbs, or add a dash of fruit juice (pomegranate or cherry is great with black tea, orange or cranberry with green).

Infused water with fruit or herbs.

When I was young, we could only drink soda at my Gram's house or at a restaurant (which we rarely went to). I also usually had to split the can with my brother. Maybe have your son split a can with someone or just give him a small glass and dump the rest.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I get Clear American from Walmart they have different flavors and it's 0calories 0 caffeine 0 carbs and it has the fiz! I used this when I was trying to stop drinking soda. Normally I just drink water but it's nice when you want the fiz and water just won't cut it.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with diet soda. I drink it everyday......but how is Clear American not diet soda?

Filtered Carbonated Water, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor, Potassium Citrate, Aspartame, Potassium Benzoate (A Preservative), Acesulfame Potassium. Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    laur357 wrote: »
    Unsweetened Iced Tea - you could add a no-calorie sweetener if you'd like, or muddle some berries, herbs, or add a dash of fruit juice (pomegranate or cherry is great with black tea, orange or cranberry with green).

Infused water with fruit or herbs.

When I was young, we could only drink soda at my Gram's house or at a restaurant (which we rarely went to). I also usually had to split the can with my brother. Maybe have your son split a can with someone or just give him a small glass and dump the rest.
    I could see if my boyfriend would like half, I don't want it, and they wont really let him split with anyone else, they think I'm crazy for not liking it, lol And I don't want to dump someone else's soda
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    One thing I have done is mix a glass with 1/2 of one of the fruity V-8 Splash and 1/2 with diet ginger ale. Basically, it is a fruit punch. I get the diet V8 although your son might be better off with the calories. Not as much fizz and a fruity refreshing flavor
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I get Clear American from Walmart they have different flavors and it's 0calories 0 caffeine 0 carbs and it has the fiz! I used this when I was trying to stop drinking soda. Normally I just drink water but it's nice when you want the fiz and water just won't cut it.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with diet soda. I drink it everyday......but how is Clear American not diet soda?

Filtered Carbonated Water, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor, Potassium Citrate, Aspartame, Potassium Benzoate (A Preservative), Acesulfame Potassium. Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine

It IS diet soda. Just doesn't have the artificial flavors and colors. I have tried to explain that to a friend. No, it is NOT sparkling water. It even says on the label that it is a "Sparkling Water Beverage" so it is a soda made with sparkling water.
  • ConquerAndBloom
    ConquerAndBloom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    We switched from soda to La Croix or other no calorie no aspartame drinks.

I second La Croix. I don't give my son soda and I am trying to cut back on it myself, but sometimes I just want something bubbly! You mentioned that you don't like sparkling water all that much but your son does. My son really likes La Croix! The peach one is to die for.