Skip rice sugar bread

Options
How much diff these 3 item can help you to reduce your weight

Replies

• MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    If it puts you in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. You can also still eat them, in a calorie deficit, and still lose weight.

^ This. Although if you really are concerned about it try whole grain varieties.
  • BelalHasan
    BelalHasan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Actually I started 2 days back skipping it and replacing with eggs fruits chicken n corn flakes with around 4 km waklk and drop my weight 1 kg is it ok or am I going to fast
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Do you have any blood sugar issues? Why and why should you avoid carbs listed above by yours?
  • BelalHasan
    Options
    Nops I don't have any thx God but it was suggested by sone friends who already achieved results by same
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Well, a lot of people tend to avoid those foods because it's so easy to eat too much of it. But, if you pay attention to calories and nutrients, you'll see that they aren't so bad for you as long as you eat small amounts.
  • BelalHasan
    Options
    Makes sense appreciate that :)
  • crazyycatlady1
    crazyycatlady1 Posts: 292 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    For me personally-I lost 50lbs while still eating white and brown rice, all sorts of foods with added and natural sugar and then different varieties of breads. I continued to eat all the foods I enjoyed-I just learned how to fit them into my calorie goals.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Results are seen from being in a calorie deficit and not by skipping foods that contain sugar, rice or bread. You will not see faster, better results doing this.

This sounds like another one of those "carbs are bad" or "carbs are evil" sentiments. ;)
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Good morning BelaHasan,

I'm down just a couple pounds shy of 30lbs in 2 months.
    I eat rice daily, bread a couple of times a week, and I drink 1 sugar in my coffee, sometimes I have 1-3 coffees a day.

Build your self a sustainable daily meal, I chose to eat 5oz of meat (chicken, beef, turkey), 1/2 cup of rice, and 1 cup broccoli. I eat this for lunch and dinner. It's easy to make a bulk of.

Don't deprive your self of anything, this will make your journey last only a week or two.
    Figure out your calories needed per day, and build your self a sustainable meal around it.

feel free to peek at my dairy.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    BelalHasan wrote: »

The same could be said of any 3 foods that you eat often. If you remove them from your diet and don't replace the calories with some other food, obviously you will lose fat. If you remove sugar, rice and bread but eat something else of same calories you won't lose fat. That's how it works. Fat gain/loss is all about calories.
  • RaphaBianchi
    RaphaBianchi Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just make sure what you swap it for isn't actually higher in calories!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I eat rice, sugar, and bread on the regular and I'm happy with my weight loss so far. I eat in a calorie deficit every day and eat a variety of foods that fit my calorie goals, which I attribute to that success.
  • BelalHasan
    Options
    Truly appericiated all above mentors :D who help me out at my start with their experiences. What i learn is to either i can eat all 3 covering in my daily calorie goal thnx guys will update with the progress ;)
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    BelalHasan wrote: »

The same could be said of any 3 foods that you eat often. If you remove them from your diet and don't replace the calories with some other food, obviously you will lose fat. If you remove sugar, rice and bread but eat something else of same calories you won't lose fat. That's how it works. Fat gain/loss is all about calories.

To add to this several years ago I gained a small amount of weight and panicked so I thought I would become a vegetarian and lose weight and I didn't I gained weight. After gaining weight as a vegetarian I decided to go low carb because of course it was carbs making me fat, bad carbs bad, and gained more weight. I was eating a lot of high calorie foods like nuts and always felt hungry and my stomach growled constantly (very embarrassing) and not quietly.

I say this so you understand it's not what you cut from your diet it's about calories. No food is bad and no food is going to make you gain weight but too much of anything will make you gain weight.

Eat what you enjoy, maintain a calorie deficit, find a macro split that keeps you satisfied, don't make yourself miserable, don't feel guilty over food, enjoy life and you will lose weight and be happier. Good luck.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Give up rice? Not a chance. I eat it all the time.
    I do moderate sugar and bread for satiety but I still eat them, even cake and ice cream and lost 140 pounds. As long as you maintain a calories deficit, you will lose weight.