Options
2»

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    BelalHasan wrote: »
    How much diff these 3 item can help you to reduce your weight
    You don't have to cut out any food to lose weight. Count calories. Wasn't this mentioned in your other post?
  • polishmaximus
    polishmaximus Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm down 13lbs in two weeks cutting out potatoes, rice, bread, pasta, and beer. I am obese and need the weight off for my health. My doctor and I will add carbs back into my diet soon.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    I read "rice sugar bread" as one food item, and thought you were suggesting that people skip it. Ha!

Same, LOL.

Like others have said, you can lose weight while eating rice, sugar, and bread (or rice sugar bread). However, if you eat a lot of those three items, and then cut them out (without substituting new food in), then it is likely you will lose weight.

The thing to understand is that you won't be losing weight because those three foods are "bad"; you will be losing weight because you'll be intaking less calories.

If you want to, you can achieve the same results WHILE eating rice, sugar, and bread. It's up to you.
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I eat rice, bread, sugar and still losing weight, you dont need to cut all this stuff just create a deficit.

I dont know why people cut all this out unless maybe advised by DR
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I eat rice, bread, sugar and still losing weight, you dont need to cut all this stuff just create a deficit.

I agree, I've cut these so called bad foods numerous times before, and failed miserably every single time after 2 weeks.. gained the weight back and then some. Now I eat rice twice a day.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    mawill08 wrote: »

I agree, I've cut these so called bad foods numerous times before, and failed miserably every single time after 2 weeks.. gained the weight back and then some. Now I eat rice twice a day.
    Could be trigger foods for over eating for some people. Could be they simply want to make a wholesale change in their diet towards more nutrient dense whole foods and would prefer a clean break from their past eating habits. Could be a lot of reasons. I also don't rice, bread, white sugar etc and don't miss it at all.

• Blubberbuster1
    Options

Could be trigger foods for over eating for some people. Could be they simply want to make a wholesale change in their diet towards more nutrient dense whole foods and would prefer a clean break from their past eating habits. Could be a lot of reasons. I also don't rice, bread, white sugar etc and don't miss it at all.

For sure! I agree with you 100%. The amount of rice I eat now is nothing compared to what I'm used to.
    To each their own how they want to go about their weight loss and what works and doesn't for them.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs 6 years ago, and 7 lbs this year, eating white bread, white rice, and cupcakes (with ALL of the buttercream frosting) in moderation and in appropriate size portions. Eliminating foods never worked for me and it's easier for me to stick to my plan when I can eats the foods I like. If it fits in your daily calorie goal there is no need to cut it out.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    if you eat alot of any one food, cutting it out will likely create a deficit, but I rarely eat rice or bread and already try to limit sugar, so for me, it would not create much of a deficit.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Now I want to try this "rice sugar bread". Sounds tasty.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Often cutting carbs will cause a reduction in water weight. This could be the quick weight loss you experienced. I agree that those items are fine as long as you are in a calorie deficit. However I also agree for some of us it's really easy to eat too much. I have to measure them carefully when I use them but I haven't eliminated any foods in particular although I do try to make wise choices to stay in my calorie goal.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    I read "rice sugar bread" as one food item, and thought you were suggesting that people skip it. Ha!

Anyway, I feel like those three items are the bulk of what I eat. Especially rice. I love rice! I've managed to lose just fine.

Same. I just came in to find out what rice sugar bread was....

But if your rice sugar bread puts you over your calories or doesn't fit your nutrition goals then skip it. If you like rice sugar bread and it fits your calories and other goals then go ahead and eat it. The only other reason for skipping would be if you have a medical condition that goes against the eating of rice sugar bread - or any of the 3 parts. ;)
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

I made it two months low carb before I stopped.
  • Blubberbuster1
    Options

I made it two months low carb before I stopped.

All the power to those who make it 7-12 months low carb'ing it.
    It's just not sustainable for me, and no need for it (not for me at least). To each their own. Everyone just needs to find something that they can sustain and won't derail with.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    So did anyone ever actually get to try this rice sugar bread and how was it?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    I think picking at the OP's wording has gone far enough now.
    Not funny any more.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I think picking at the OP's wording has gone far enough now.
    Not funny any more.

Nah, not too far at all. We aren't pickin on OP, just having a little fun with the idea that actually does sound tasty. Btw, there are quite a few recipes for just such a thing. Here is one.

"Chinese steamed rice cake (bai tang gau)

This Chinese steamed rice cake has a sweet, slightly chewy addictive texture and an intriguing honeycomb pattern on the inside.

Yield: 8" round plate

Ingredients
    2 cups rice flour (NOT glutinous)
    2 cups water
    5g yeast + 1 tablespoon warm water
    ¾ cup sugar
    ⅛ teaspoon oil

Method
    Combine the yeast and 1 tablespoon water in a measuring cup. Set aside to bloom for 5 minutes.
    In a saucepan, combine the sugar and 1½ cup of water. Bring it to a simmer on low-medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
    In a large bowl, combine the rice flour and the remaining ½ cup of water. Stir to combine. Add in the hot sugar water, oil and yeast mixtures. Mix until incorporated.
    Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and place it in a warm place for 2-3 hours to proof. At the end of the proofing process, there should be a layer of bubbles on the surface of the mixture
    When the batter is ready, prepare a shallow dish by greasing it with oil.
    Prepare your steamer for steaming by boiling the water. Pour your batter in to the shallow dish and place it inside the steamer.
    Cover and let steam for 15 minutes on high heat. Turn the heat off and allow it to continue cooking in the steamer for 10 minutes before removing.
    Remove the steamed cake from the dish by turning it out onto a plate. Let cool before slicing and serving. It is best enjoyed chilled."
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I chose to cut them almost entirely, because I am trying to learn about what my body actually needs. Yes I could lose weight with just a calorie deficit and eating meals of just carbs and sugar. But that's now what I want. What I want is a healthy body that's capable of gaining strength and losing fat along the way.

It was slow, and I do miss them but it just doesn't suit my goals. Last time I lost weight I did it by just cico and eating mostly carbs, but I gained half back and I believe it's because I never learned balance or how my body uses different nutrients. Sugar is empty calories so I d my best to avoid most sources of it and for the carbs a body needs I get them mostly from veggies then there are the incidental sugars in the few items I won't ditch: ketchup and stir fry sauce.

My stir fry nights no longer have rice and instead have a stomach full of broccoli and protein. That's better fuel for me, everyone finds a path that suits them best. Will I eat sugar again? Yeah, but only when offered under certain circumstances (like a slice of cake at my own birthday), and I will always work on my "just one" rule. Moderation is difficult for me, making it a very rare event is easiest.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I clicked for the recipe. Am disappointed that there is no such thing as a triple carb bread.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to make a sweet bread (not to be confused with a sweetbread, lol) with a rice pudding filling. Will post it in the recipes section if I get anything edible.