Trying to lose 30lbs in 11 weeks! Dear God somebody offer advice!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Selinina286
    Selinina286 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try asking your doctor if you can take Phentermine, it is a prescription medication that promotes weight loss. I have been taking that for 3 weeks, and along with following something similar to the Atkins diet (no carbs, no sugars, no fruits, etc...) plus, working out a minimum of 30 minutes per day, I have lost 17 pounds in those 3 weeks. My sister has lost 30 pounds in 5 weeks, following the doctors orders. So it can be done, but you have to be willing to work hard, and maintain a healthy mindset. Just a suggestion! Good luck!
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm not here to beat you up any further but I'll say it's possible. Definitely not permanent but possible. If i had to compare it would be similar to a fighter/boxer prepping to drop a weight class. It's possible but most of them will tell u it took a lot out of them. Plus the weight always comes back.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm not here to beat you up any further but I'll say it's possible. Definitely not permanent but possible. If i had to compare it would be similar to a fighter/boxer prepping to drop a weight class. It's possible but most of them will tell u it took a lot out of them. Plus the weight always comes back.
    Not to argue here but I coach fighters.

No fighter or boxer I've known has tried to cut what amounts to 60 lbs of fat in 11 weeks.
    Not without using banned substances anyway.

I know of one pro fighter who -on paper- dropped 26 lbs of water and muscle in 5 days.
    A pro fighter, with a pro trainer and sponsors.
    That is not what we are talking about here.

Someone who is about 60 lbs overweight is not in good enough shape to dream of working that hard.
    I am not even speaking to the damage and stress put on the human body while trying it.

Saying she can do it is NOT helping her.
  • Jenn_Balparks
    Jenn_Balparks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is going to be difficult to lose that amount in 11 weeks but it is not impossible! I would go for a high lean protein diet, veggies, berries (lower in sugar) and a very low carbs. You still should be eating at least 1200 calories in a day. Exercise daily at a semi intensity. I did a six week weight-loss challenge through Fit For Life Solutions and during my first challenge I lost 26 lbs and have kept off and have not lost a total of 53 lbs.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    For Petes sake, please stop. Completely changing her diet or going on prescription medication for the two months before her wedding so she can fit in a dress that is way too small is NOT the answer.

Yes if someone is very obese, they can lose a lot of weight within the first couple of months. But we have no reason to think OP has enough weight to lose for that to be the case. And it doesn't even necessarily happen for everyone who is very obese.

You are all going to have her feeling miserable for two months she probably has a lot still to do to get ready for her wedding, and she probably still won't fit into the dress. :(

Thank you!

On a side note: Keto isn't something magical that over rides calories in vs. calories out. Initial water weight loss can be impressive, but REAL weight loss is calorie deficit. 2.72 pounds a week is a 1,360 calorie deficit every single day, and that deficit gets harder to reach as OP becomes a smaller person.
  • feleciag09
    feleciag09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    wytey wrote: »
    that is only 1lb a week over the 2lbs a week setting by MFP

Losing a pound means doing without ~3500kcals, so a pound a week is a defecit of 500kcals per day. A common maintenance intake is 2000kcals/day. So, to lose 3 lbs a week, you'd have to stay at juat 500kcals a day, which is dangerously low for extended periods. Health is beautiful!

My maintenance is about 2300 so ive set my intake to about 1100 for 2.5 a week. My body has alot to lose so I figured id be ok
  • tgcake
    tgcake Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Try to lose weight sensibly. 3lbs a week isn't going to work. Other than that, stick in a corset back. My wedding dress was the wrong size (even though we ordered the right size) but we got it altered, put in a corset back, and it was great. Adding additional fabric or a corset back isn't bad if you get it done properly.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    feleciag09 wrote: »
    Hi guys! I'm trying to lose 30lbs in 11 weeks and I'm dying here. Reason for the extremely quick weight loss is that I'm getting married in July. My dress came in last week and it didn't fit which was expected since I ordered it 2 sizes too small. (It was the only size left and I loved the dress) We'll anyways, I didn't realize there was such a size difference within brands so the dress was suppose to only be 4inches small and well..it's 6 inches too small for me.

OP, I'm sorry to read you're stuck in this situation. Planning a wedding is stressful enough. I am disappointed to read that the shop agreed to order a dress that was far too small. I know, you wanted it and you're the customer so what you say counts. But part of their job is to help you look fab on your wedding day, not just take your money and let you stress out trying to lose a lot of weight in a short time because your dress doesn't fit!

I have to echo what's already been said. Try to lose some weight but be realistic and have a backup plan. That might mean a totally new dress or altering this one to include a corset. Either way, do not leave any dress options until the last minute. Professional tailors need time to make the changes properly. You can't just wait to see how much you will lose and then in week 11 ask for major alterations. Think ahead now.

A corset addition is an advantage because you can cinch it up however far you need for whatever weight you've lost.

Most importantly - be kind to yourself and think long-term. A wedding is a huge event, but in the long run it is only one day of a lifetime together. :flowerforyou: