4700 cals in One Day?!

Options
Does anyone here try this big number to eat on a single day? Because i try to bank many cals and this is what it rich 4700 cals in one day.

Replies

• Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Well I had a 5,000 cal day Monday but that's only because I had a binge relapse....I'm recovering from binge eating disorder....
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Well I had a 5,000 cal day Monday but that's only because I had a binge relapse....I'm recovering from binge eating disorder....
    But in my case, many saids here that if it is planned out it is not binge, i could really bank many cals without cutting to much because i'm a very active person Mountain Cycling for 3 hours in the morning and a College Varsity Sporr Practice in the afternoon until 12 mindnight. I decide to try my old power when it comes to eating i know it seems a bit weird thought but because i miss my old habbits so i wanna try it for the last time in my life lol

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    So you're saying you are planning a big bike ride which means it would be wise fuelling up your body after a mega calorie burn. Please don't binge, it's unhealthy. You would probably regret it afterwards anyway. Just feed your body the extra food it needs to replace the high calories burned.

But to answer your question yes, you can bank calories.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    4700 would be extremely doable for me, yeah, but most of it would have to be from bread/sweets, or I'd probably be too full.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I've eaten back more than my calories after a 20 mile run, by going out to dinner and drinking a couple of beers and having dessert, but I don't think I've eaten more than about 3300 total since I started logging.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    ferd_ttp5 wrote: »
    But in my case, many saids here that if it is planned out it is not binge, i could really bank many cals without cutting to much because i'm a very active person Mountain Cycling for 3 hours in the morning and a College Varsity Sporr Practice in the afternoon until 12 mindnight. I decide to try my old power when it comes to eating i know it seems a bit weird thought but because i miss my old habbits so i wanna try it for the last time in my life lol

That last part....how you miss your old habits. It's a slippery slope because old habits come back quick. If I could fit that many calories in without gaining or feeling overly stuffed sick I would in a heartbeat, but I personally don't like that feeling so I wouldn't do it. Everyone's different and handles those overeating situations differently so try it out and see how it works for you.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've eaten more than 3300 since I started logging 1.5 years ago, and even that involved a couple slices of Deep Dish Pizza.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a binge. That would be extraordinarily difficult for me. I could maybe get to 3000 with some effort, but anything more than that I'd probably be feeling a little ill... :p
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    LOL all answers are all differently opinionated :P I just post it there to find out people opinions and hoe they react on that gruesome calorific day maybe some of here is excited of what 4700 cals can give them to a happy full day and some here are not interested because it can blow there calorie budget for a week lol im a bit weird but anyways thanks for those good opinions. I dont like disliking opinions thumbs up
  • sparkofit
    sparkofit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't "try" to eat 4700 calories in a single day but I can easily eat 4700 calories in one meal, by eating at a buffet, an entire pizza with toppings, a family meal at some fast food place by myself, etc.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's that much because I am bulking and eating a lot of cals anyways. So I guess it will depend on your goal or how much you are used to eating. However 4700 everyday for 8 months would be pretty tough and frustrating, for me at least.. oof.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I don't think it's that much because I am bulking and eating a lot of cals anyways. So I guess it will depend on your goal or how much you are used to eating. However 4700 everyday for 8 months would be pretty tough and frustrating, for me at least.. oof.

And it could get expensive..
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    My highest daily calorie target was 6502 - sadly only managed to eat 4855 on the day.
    (Hilly 9 hour cycle ride with approximate calorie burn of 4502).

I went over the next day by 980 cals to compensate.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ferd_ttp5 wrote: »
    LOL all answers are all differently opinionated :P I just post it there to find out people opinions and hoe they react on that gruesome calorific day maybe some of here is excited of what 4700 cals can give them to a happy full day and some here are not interested because it can blow there calorie budget for a week lol im a bit weird but anyways thanks for those good opinions. I dont like disliking opinions thumbs up

if you think you may struggle to eat so much in one day, dont bank so many calories next time!

i don't think i'd struggle especially if booze was included!

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I hit 5500 last Xmas. I ate a lot of chocolate, desserts/sweets. I was quite satisfied and not hungry.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining on over 3,000 calories most days. Adding 1,700 calories to that wouldn't be difficult. But I'm not very big on the "banking calories" thing. I don't like feeling stuffed after I've eaten. I prefer to eat what I need when I need it.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I did during my bulk recently but not at the moment.