4700 cals in One Day?!

Options

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    ferd_ttp5 wrote: »
    Does anyone here try this big number to eat on a single day? Because i try to bank many cals and this is what it rich 4700 cals in one day.

Athletes (such as yourself) often need to eat this much. I mean, cycling at a moderately fast pace can easily burn 800kcals/hour, which is similar for a moderately hard hike. You need at least 2000kcals/day just to breath (more for you youngsters). So 2700kcals is just an additional 3.4hrs of cycling/hiking. Not something I do every day, but at least a few times a year.

If you're out there all day burning it, you gotta eat it back! I note that a pound of Costco "Kirkland" trail mix has 1814kcals. ;)
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    thats called Thanksgiving dinner, right?

If you stop after the third course, or the second helping ...
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here try this big number to eat on a single day? Because i try to bank many cals and this is what it rich 4700 cals in one day.

Athletes (such as yourself) often need to eat this much. I mean, cycling at a moderately fast pace can easily burn 800kcals/hour, which is similar for a moderately hard hike. You need at least 2000kcals/day just to breath (more for you youngsters). So 2700kcals is just an additional 3.4hrs of cycling/hiking. Not something I do every day, but at least a few times a year.

If you're out there all day burning it, you gotta eat it back! I note that a pound of Costco "Kirkland" trail mix has 1814kcals. ;)
    I'm only at cycling activity when its summet for 2 months and im getting back to play my main sport which ping pong also known as table tennis, I find that my appetite was more big at the times when i am playing my main sports and i think it burns more calories anyway than cycling and im playing it at almost whole day.

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I typically try to spread my calories for big workout days among several days. I frontload a bit to make sure I am fueled for the workout, and then I'll cover some of the additional deficit the following day or two if I'm still under for the week.

4700 in a day isn't very difficult though. Note that I ran a marathon this day, and had eaten almost 5000 calories the day before as well. 5'10", currently maintaining at my running race weight of 148 lbs, so it's not like I'm a big guy.

ut0mbxnynlp4.png
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    this looks my day before ironman menu :)
  • myname20
    myname20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Do you want to eat those calories on a healthy and clean diet? I guess it is much harder then. Fats has the most calories, so avocado, oils and nuts can help you, although I don't know if its enough for 4700. If you like to eat a lot, big portions of pasta, rice, meat, potatoes can also help.
    I guess I can easily collect 4700 on weekends when I eat processed foods and meals outsides + desserts, but it is definitely not healthy :smiley:
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    subcounter wrote: »

Ohhh in a day... I thought you were asking on a single meal.

giphy.gif

Right? 4,700 calories is NOTHING. It's like an 18" pizza...or a smaller one with some sides some soda and a dessert lol. I can easily eat that in one sitting...

I'm cracking up over these 2 posts. I also agree that 4700 is pretty easy for me sadly.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    My highest daily calorie target was 6502 - sadly only managed to eat 4855 on the day.
    (Hilly 9 hour cycle ride with approximate calorie burn of 4502).

I went over the next day by 980 cals to compensate.

That's pretty amazing. Sadly I can easily hit 6500. I'm 5'1.9" and have a very low weight.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I don't usually try to bank calories. And clearly, we're all different with regards to appetite. There's no way I could eat anywhere near what some have listed, and I don't think I've ever gone over 3000 for one day. Granted, I've ever had a need to eat that many calories in one day.
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I eat around 4000 a day or try to...i find it hard sometimes cause I don't like protein shakes. If I eat junk it's easy but I feel like crap after no energy sluggish.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    I typically try to spread my calories for big workout days among several days. I frontload a bit to make sure I am fueled for the workout, and then I'll cover some of the additional deficit the following day or two if I'm still under for the week.

4700 in a day isn't very difficult though. Note that I ran a marathon this day, and had eaten almost 5000 calories the day before as well. 5'10", currently maintaining at my running race weight of 148 lbs, so it's not like I'm a big guy.

ut0mbxnynlp4.png

This, sir, is impressive. Also, those 2 blue moons you had with lunch sound delicious! I've never seen them around me, I'll have to keep my eye out next time I'm at the pub, and/or look for them at the grocery.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »

ut0mbxnynlp4.png

This, sir, is impressive. Also, those 2 blue moons you had with lunch sound delicious! I've never seen them around me, I'll have to keep my eye out next time I'm at the pub, and/or look for them at the grocery.

I've seen Blue Moon stocked regularly in CA and AZ grocery stores (Fry's and Ralph's). This day was in Houston for the last marathon so it should be in TX as well.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    4700 in 1 day?
    Easy! And most likely you'd even go to bed hungry:

Visit the next McD and for breakfast order:
    1 large Coke
    1 Cheeseburger
    1 Fries (large)
    1 Double Quarter-pounder w Cheese
    1 Frappé Chocolate Chip

This sums up to 2,630 kcals and was "only" breakfast, in the early afternoon you'd be hungry again and are ready for the next round. How about a visit at a PizzaHut?

Banking in calories is easy as long as you don't care about health, just raise the high-energy foods (fat / carbs). One normal sized tortilla (without anything else) already has 200 kcals.

Ha! Amateur hour. Make a trip to the food court:
    Bloomin Onion from Outback 900 cals
    Mocha Java Chip from Starbucks 600 cals
    Cinnabon 810 cals
    Fettuccine Alfredo 1500

Bam! 3800 cals.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I had a re-feed on Saturday and hit over 1500g of carbs and over 10k calories total. With the "right" foods, 4700 calories is pretty easy to put down.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    ^^ not if you were to burn 5-6000 calories during an athletic event