Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Herbalife users?

2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Basically what @psuLemon said. Herbalife is a subpar product because of it's subpar ingredients, yet they charge an ultra premium price for it. Doesn't make sense...

Besides that, I can't see how anyone would think that a real fruit smoothie with whole ingredients and a quality protein powder doesn't sound like something more appealing to eat than a powdered drink that costs much more.

One thing I did find interesting, Herbalife actually makes one of the highest quality meal replacement shakes: https://labdoor.com/rankings/meal-replacements
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    edited April 2017
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »

And when she saw my son, who was 4 months old at the time, and told me I should replace some of his milk with herbalife formula 1 cause she thought he was far (he was lol but he was breastfed and a baby) walked out of there and never looked back.

That is... I don't even have the words! Grossly ignorant, for starters. What a maroon.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited April 2017
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Basically what @psuLemon said. Herbalife is a subpar product because of it's subpar ingredients, yet they charge an ultra premium price for it. Doesn't make sense...

Besides that, I can't see how anyone would think that a real fruit smoothie with whole ingredients and a quality protein powder doesn't sound like something more appealing to eat than a powdered drink that costs much more.

One thing I did find interesting, Herbalife actually makes one of the highest quality meal replacement shakes: https://labdoor.com/rankings/meal-replacements

Well, I'll be damned...

but still not as "quality" as making your own.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator

Well, I'll be damned...

Trust me, i was as shocked as you were. But yea, I rather make my own. Quest and www.theproteinchef.co have some really good smoothie recipes.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited April 2017

Well, I'll be damned...

Even with that you still have to consider the whole pyramid scheme. Just mention Herbalife in any thread on any board and watch the 'one post wonders' show up trying to sell praising it. And if any of your friends start selling it be prepared to listen to their sales pitch non stop.
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    In one of my many searches of a quick fix to my obesity I encountered a herbalife life coach.

That coach had no idea how to excersice but yet she felt like she could teach people to move and taught them incorrect form.

She knew nothing about nutrition.. Told us to eat couscous cause it was gluten free (for those who don't know it's definitely not gluten free) and to stay away from fruit cause of the carbs. I didn't drink caffeine at the time and she tried to convince me that the herbalife tea had no stimulating ingredients, not even caffeine..

And when she saw my son, who was 4 months old at the time, and told me I should replace some of his milk with herbalife formula 1 cause she thought he was far (he was lol but he was breastfed and a baby) walked out of there and never looked back.

So my point here is... Á lifestyle coach is not qualified to help you or trained to give you advice. They know *kitten* about nutrition and some of them don't even know what's in the product they're trying to sell you.
    Everyone can become a lifestyle coach for herbalife, they just have to buy the license and go out there and sell the product. No qualification needed or anything.

Just eat clean healthy food and you're good. And if you wanna add strength training, get someone who knows what they're doing to teach you the correct form.
    Treece68 wrote: »
    My mother bought some and gave it to me. Meh ... I make my own smooths with vegetables, fruits & protein powder. Only takes a few minutes and much better for you

curious - how does the protein you add differ to a Herbalife product that does the same or similar job?

So for a fraction of the price, you can get higher quality protein powders: https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

And yes, there are a lot worse protein powders out there, there are also a lot higher quality.

Makes sense. Thank you