KETO SHREDDED

Options

Replies

• Droppinelbees
    Droppinelbees Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Omg Charlie that is so rediculous, extreme and unfair no disrespect. How could healthy fats like avocados, coconut oil, beef tallow, grass fed meats and wild caught fish kill you? I'd love to hear the science behind this.
  • Droppinelbees
    Options
    Great job ruthlessflower... It's a big struggle for most going through that transition but hang in there. The rewards are well worth it. YOU CAN DO IT
  • Droppinelbees
    Options
    Charlie... are you referring to acidosis that comes with ketosis? That is something that needs monitored for diabetes and medication but keto effectively reduces and eliminates diabetes but there is an acid build up that diabetes people need to be conscious and aware of and plan accordingly.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Omg Charlie that is so rediculous, extreme and unfair no disrespect. How could healthy fats like avocados, coconut oil, beef tallow, grass fed meats and wild caught fish kill you? I'd love to hear the science behind this.

I have what is called familial hypercholesterolemia,my liver cannot process fats/cholesterol like most peoples liver can. my liver when getting even enough of these things signals my body to produce more cholesterol and the fat gets stored,I end up with fat pads(on knees,ankles,etc) and xanthomas/ xanthelasmas,which means more fat and cholesterol in my blood stream and arteries,so I not only have to watch fat,but saturated fats as well.

I have to keep them low. the last time I tried keto(before I knew I had this condition-I was told it was just high cholesterol),my cholesterol levels went through the roof,I was only on it a month before then it was high but not that high)

now, that Im on a low fat diet and on meds my cholesterol is now normal for the first time in over 15years. I developed high cholesterol when I was thin(its genetic). I can have some fats but I have to limit it,so for the most part means little to no fried foods,fatty cuts of meat,no skin on my chicken/turkey,no regular fat dairy,I have to watch my oils,I have to eat high fiber and whole grains.

I have to avoid white breads,rice,etc(I have them rarely).Im also supposed to watch my sugar intake as well because with this condition it can lead to diabetes and other health issues.

so while others eating dietary fats and cholesterol dont have an effect on them,for me it does.for me it can clog my arteries if I dont watch it,I can end up with a heart attack, which I would like to avoid. if two parents have the gene then their children will have this defect and it can kill the child at a young age.its often misdiagnosed as regular high cholesterol. it can be a really serious issue if not treated.
  • yaya6928
    yaya6928 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to join a group.........I been doing it a bit but need to go hard core lol
  • Droppinelbees
    Options
    Omg Charlie I'm sincerely sorry to hear that and I extremely apologize for my previous comment. And thank you for not tearing me to shreds on my previous comment. I can't even imagine how tough that must be for you. May I ask how is the health of your liver? Bloodwork will tell you if your liver is optimal. Are you taking supplements or eating food that cleanse and nourish the liver specifically? Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Beet Kvass, etc? I have other advice but am reluctant to say things because people flip out but honestly the literature is out there if you search for it and believe me I have... not sure if you've done this yet but fasting would give your digestive system a well deserved break and allow healing to be accomplished to your vital organs. I've read so much over the years and finally pulled the trigger and am currently on day 9 of a water fast. I've had no food whatsoever, no supplements no nothing but water and I'm shocked. I did this because with the way the world is heading, specifically our country with this horrible, rediculous obesity epidemic that shouldn't be here... I'm scared for my children. I don't want them struggling like I have. I actually became suicidal. I've done several juice fasts that reset my taste buds so I can finally consume fresh fruits and veggies because all I liked was the standard American diet. I want to know for myself what works and what doesn't work so I can pass that knowledge to them. I've been in and out the doctors right before I got out the military and after and it can be frustrating. For me, it didn't help and they were trying to constantly put me on meds I didn't want. So finally I started googling every ailment that I had as such "how to treat high blood pressure naturally, how to treat prediabetes naturally, etc." What I found during those searches was nothing short of amazing. It quickly became apparent that there is a lot of money invested in our "health care system". I did almost everything they said I couldn't do without medication on my own naturally. Again I'm so sorry, your situation is rough indeed. Maybe do some research on how you can counter your dis-ease naturally and see what you come up with. Best of success to you Charlie. Salute✌
  • Droppinelbees
    Options
    yaya6928 wrote: »
    Would love to join a group.........I been doing it a bit but need to go hard core lol

Yes me as well. Let's stand firm for our health and hold each other accountable so we can maximize our results
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Omg Charlie I'm sincerely sorry to hear that and I extremely apologize for my previous comment. And thank you for not tearing me to shreds on my previous comment. I can't even imagine how tough that must be for you. May I ask how is the health of your liver? Bloodwork will tell you if your liver is optimal. Are you taking supplements or eating food that cleanse and nourish the liver specifically? Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Beet Kvass, etc? I have other advice but am reluctant to say things because people flip out but honestly the literature is out there if you search for it and believe me I have... not sure if you've done this yet but fasting would give your digestive system a well deserved break and allow healing to be accomplished to your vital organs. I've read so much over the years and finally pulled the trigger and am currently on day 9 of a water fast. I've had no food whatsoever, no supplements no nothing but water and I'm shocked. I did this because with the way the world is heading, specifically our country with this horrible, rediculous obesity epidemic that shouldn't be here... I'm scared for my children. I don't want them struggling like I have. I actually became suicidal. I've done several juice fasts that reset my taste buds so I can finally consume fresh fruits and veggies because all I liked was the standard American diet. I want to know for myself what works and what doesn't work so I can pass that knowledge to them. I've been in and out the doctors right before I got out the military and after and it can be frustrating. For me, it didn't help and they were trying to constantly put me on meds I didn't want. So finally I started googling every ailment that I had as such "how to treat high blood pressure naturally, how to treat prediabetes naturally, etc." What I found during those searches was nothing short of amazing. It quickly became apparent that there is a lot of money invested in our "health care system". I did almost everything they said I couldn't do without medication on my own naturally. Again I'm so sorry, your situation is rough indeed. Maybe do some research on how you can counter your dis-ease naturally and see what you come up with. Best of success to you Charlie. Salute✌

thank you. my liver is fine, enzymes are a little high but otherwise no failure or other issues as long as I watch my diet. as for those types of supplements,there is no proven research that they work,water fasting I dont think is the way to go either, I have other health issues that not eating would cause more issues,I have done research over the years and for me the best course has been diet,exercise and meds. my cholesterol would not come down without meds no matter what I did,I have tried.

why do you think the digestive system needs a break? for people like me who produce a lot of acid and Im treating my gastritis because of the excess acid,not eating would cause more acid production.I have been able to get my health to where its vastly improved. sure its tough but what I am doing works for me.in less than 6 months I went from severely high cholesterol to normal numbers.I do IF(intermittent fasting).Im always doing some type of research though when it comes to my health issues.for me having this health issue meds are a must,I dont want to end up having a heart attack/stroke/TIA.

I dont want to end up with diabetes, and if I dont watch and treat my condition it can lead to more severe liver issues which could result in a dialysis type thing,and maybe a transplant.This condition is not fun to have but it is what it is. I get my blood work every 3 months and it improves more and more every time. so Im happy with that.I need to be here for my kids too even though they are adults.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I do want to say though good luck to everyone on their journey.
  • Erik_ss
    Erik_ss Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    yaya6928 wrote: »

Don't go hardcore if you don't want to go hardcore. I hear it's hardcore. Best of luck. Join our keto community. I sent you a invite.
  • Erik_ss
    Options

I have what is called familial hypercholesterolemia,my liver cannot process fats/cholesterol like most peoples liver can. my liver when getting even enough of these things signals my body to produce more cholesterol and the fat gets stored,I end up with fat pads(on knees,ankles,etc) and xanthomas/ xanthelasmas,which means more fat and cholesterol in my blood stream and arteries,so I not only have to watch fat,but saturated fats as well.

I have to keep them low. the last time I tried keto(before I knew I had this condition-I was told it was just high cholesterol),my cholesterol levels went through the roof,I was only on it a month before then it was high but not that high)

now, that Im on a low fat diet and on meds my cholesterol is now normal for the first time in over 15years. I developed high cholesterol when I was thin(its genetic). I can have some fats but I have to limit it,so for the most part means little to no fried foods,fatty cuts of meat,no skin on my chicken/turkey,no regular fat dairy,I have to watch my oils,I have to eat high fiber and whole grains.

I have to avoid white breads,rice,etc(I have them rarely).Im also supposed to watch my sugar intake as well because with this condition it can lead to diabetes and other health issues.

so while others eating dietary fats and cholesterol dont have an effect on them,for me it does.for me it can clog my arteries if I dont watch it,I can end up with a heart attack, which I would like to avoid. if two parents have the gene then their children will have this defect and it can kill the child at a young age.its often misdiagnosed as regular high cholesterol. it can be a really serious issue if not treated.

Everyone is different, that is for sure. We only recommend what works for us. In your case, I would listen to your doctor. Keto is not the end all or fix all diet. It really worked for me and others. May your path of health be a prosperous one. We can't buy health. We work towards being healthy.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Erik_ss wrote: »

Everyone is different, that is for sure. We only recommend what works for us. In your case, I would listen to your doctor. Keto is not the end all or fix all diet. It really worked for me and others. May your path of health be a prosperous one. We can't buy health. We work towards being healthy.

exactly. and I agree
  • Erik_ss
    Options
    @Erik_ss like one week only.

Honestly it takes 96 days to form a positive/negative habit. I would definitely have supportive people to help you. Even if they are not doing keto at least they can see your success and be there like a cheering squad.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 day keto cleanse today. I am super excited because the meals looking amazing.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I just started the 30 day keto cleanse today. I am super excited because the meals looking amazing.

keto isnt a cleanse,its a way of eating.your organs do a good enough job of cleansing your body
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Wow, okay so somebody reported my post and had it pulled. It took me 20 minutes swiping on my phone. Time taken away from my family, my business, my free time. Not cool at all. We are supposed to be open minded. I will not waste my time sharing my advice on here again. Whoever did that weak move, do you and I'll do me.

It only got pulled if it broke rules that you agreed to when you signed up for this forum....
    I love how you comment as matter of factly when you haven't even seen the message. Mind your business, no rules were broken. A positive message was sent, that is all. No need to respond, please.

This is a public forum, ie...my business if decide so. The mods don't remove posts if they don't break rules. Sorry...

Brother I'm over it already, move on to something else.

I was never under anything. I have no need to move on. Glad you have moved on. It's better for the soul to not dwell on our mistakes.

Hi

How you doin?

I've seen some of your other posts on other threads, I have a feeling you know what you are talking about.

Op, sorry for derailing your thread. Getting shredded is fun. Good luck.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Wow, okay so somebody reported my post and had it pulled. It took me 20 minutes swiping on my phone. Time taken away from my family, my business, my free time. Not cool at all. We are supposed to be open minded. I will not waste my time sharing my advice on here again. Whoever did that weak move, do you and I'll do me.

It only got pulled if it broke rules that you agreed to when you signed up for this forum....
    I love how you comment as matter of factly when you haven't even seen the message. Mind your business, no rules were broken. A positive message was sent, that is all. No need to respond, please.

This is a public forum, ie...my business if decide so. The mods don't remove posts if they don't break rules. Sorry...

Brother I'm over it already, move on to something else.

I was never under anything. I have no need to move on. Glad you have moved on. It's better for the soul to not dwell on our mistakes.

Hi

How you doin?

I've seen some of your other posts on other threads, I have a feeling you know what you are talking about.

Op, sorry for derailing your thread. Getting shredded is fun. Good luck.

Indeed, getting shredded is fun... :)
  • Erik_ss
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    If that is shredded, if you are serious - I'll stay fat.
    Thank you.

Being shredded is an aesthetic viewpoint. Being an athlete that can perform at optimal levels due to the training associated with being an athlete is a goal that people strive for. It is a difficult task for most. 1 and 25 americans have six pack abs. That is why there is a fixation for some people, not all.
  • mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Erik_ss wrote: »
    Anybody want to lose weight and get SHREDDED through a ketogentic diet? Let's do this!

I've been LC/Keto (average 30g total carbs /net 20, except yesterday) for about 2 months now. I'm down 15.
    Last month i did 20g total, this month allowing a little more, but its all through veggies.
    I'd love for some accountability buddies / friends to help keep me honest. The biggest struggle is no one else is LC in my home, so im still making startches for everyone else.