KETO SHREDDED

Options
13»

Replies

• psunjka
    psunjka Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Anyone has experience with doing keto and undergoing a moderate running program? I have very good keto results from a few months ago, but as soon as I started running (3-4 times per week), I hit the wall. Keto and weights are fine, but keto and cardio are not compatible, at least for me.
  • Erik_ss
    Erik_ss Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    psunjka wrote: »
    Anyone has experience with doing keto and undergoing a moderate running program? I have very good keto results from a few months ago, but as soon as I started running (3-4 times per week), I hit the wall. Keto and weights are fine, but keto and cardio are not compatible, at least for me.

Check your target heart rate for your age, weight, etc...
    Work off of those numbers.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    psunjka wrote: »

for some people doing keto affects their running because of the low carbs, some need higher amounts of carbs to run. might be your issue as well,especially if you are eating enough calories
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I did low carb for almost a year,it wasn't for me. My pace and distances tanked and I was getting cranky.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 day keto cleanse today. I am super excited because the meals looking amazing.

keto isnt a cleanse,its a way of eating.your organs do a good enough job of cleansing your body

I realize that, I am do the 30 day keto cleanse from Maria Emmerich its a book.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I just started the 30 day keto cleanse today. I am super excited because the meals looking amazing.

keto isnt a cleanse,its a way of eating.your organs do a good enough job of cleansing your body

I realize that, I am do the 30 day keto cleanse from Maria Emmerich its a book.

then why do it and why do you think you need a cleanse or to eat keto to do it?
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    I don't even know what you are talking about, I read the book, it made a lot of sense for me to go keto so I did.
  • Cristinal76
    Cristinal76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ya I'm in. Let's get started
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I don't even know what you are talking about, I read the book, it made a lot of sense for me to go keto so I did.

going keto is one thing, but its called 30 day keto CLEANSE, so why do you think you need a cleanse or need to do keto to do this cleanse? the claims are bogus,it does not reset metabolism,sugar doesnt cause inflammation or disease,belly fat wont just disappear you cant spot reduce fat. if you want to do keto thats your choice but the claims that the author makes is a load of bunk.
  • StarvingDiva
    edited May 2017
    Options

going keto is one thing, but its called 30 day keto CLEANSE, so why do you think you need a cleanse or need to do keto to do this cleanse? the claims are bogus,it does not reset metabolism,sugar doesnt cause inflammation or disease,belly fat wont just disappear you cant spot reduce fat. if you want to do keto thats your choice but the claims that the author makes is a load of bunk.

Charlie your opinion is just that. I went keto because the information made sense to me that's all. Not sure why you give a F about me or my food choices or lifestyle. You choose not to do keto, but yet you seem to be on here questioning everyone else about their choices. Worry about your own food and not mine. Its literally just the name of her book. I am eating keto. Why get so hung up on the title. If you want to debate keto, maybe make a new threat in the debate forum, rather than in motivation and support because your posts are neither.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Charlie your opinion is just that. I went keto because the information made sense to me that's all. Not sure why you give a F about me or my food choices or lifestyle. You choose not to do keto, but yet you seem to be on here questioning everyone else about their choices. Worry about your own food and not mine. Its literally just the name of her book. I am eating keto. Why get so hung up on the title. If you want to debate keto, maybe make a new threat in the debate forum, rather than in motivation and support because your posts are neither.

its not that I choose not to do keto, its because I cant due to health reasons and Im fine with that. and I am trying to help inform newbies that may come across this thread that keto doesnt do the things that book states. I am not questioning anyone about their choices.

I said if you want to do keto that it was your choice did I not? but you are the one who claimed you were following a book that promotes nonsense. I never said there was anything wrong with keto to begin with,if I did please point that part out. my points are that keto is not a special way to lose weight or anything like that all thats needed is a deficit and some ketoers dont know that they think its a magical way to lose weight.

you learn by asking questions .I dont have to debate keto because I dont have an issue with it,I do have issue with things claiming it can reset metabolism,target belly fat and things like that because its not true.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    Well I didn't promote the book I said I was doing it that was all. Me. The good news is you don't have to read her book or follow it.