So Close to Goal That I Have to Share

Options
tycamsdad
tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
My wife and I have been dieting and exercising since the first of the year and I am within just a couple of pounds of my goal weight so I thought this would be a good time to share my success story.

We started out on our own with watching what we ate and getting rid of bad habits like eating a bowl of ice cream while watching TV in the evening. Our initial exercise routine started out with our stationary recumbent bike, treadmill and a body weight/yoga DVD that incorporated balance balls. We "discovered" MFP in February and have been wholly devoted to daily logging, with only a couple of "cheat days" over the past few months. One the weather warmed up, we headed outdoors and did a fair amount of bike riding and walking. Starting about 9 weeks ago, I embarked on the C25K and I am now running more than 3 miles in 30 minutes and feeling great.

Together, we have lost more than 110 pounds and we both agree that we couldn't have done as well without the support and encouragement of each other.

Here is our before picture, taken right before Christmas.
0b894457-786e-4a7e-9522-7150e39e0169.jpg

And this is one that was taken a couple of weekends ago.

812b3d91-6ee4-4bdb-a24f-63eaa1cd4e22.jpg

Hopefully the uploading of pictures works.

Replies

• misstammy123
    misstammy123 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    really well done to both of you!!
  • tam6van
    tam6van Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great results! And how wonderful to have each othe as support as well as your extending MFP family. Congrats to both of you :flowerforyou:
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Wow, I cant wait to my self loosing weight...Im at that point where I think about it day and night...its sad.

47516265.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Incredible, and you both look a lot younger, well done, incredible success
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You both look fantastic!
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Fantastic team work................Well done to both of you!!!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can pull it up easily when I can see the pix at home.

Congrats!
  • carrieanthony
    carrieanthony Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT!!!!!!! Great JOB!!
  • Patrick0321
    Patrick0321 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Taken years off both of you
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Nice job! You guys look so great :)
  • Maddius
    Maddius Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Absolutely Fantastic! Congratulations to you both, awesome work.
  • mescle
    mescle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job! My husband and I are also on this journey together and have lost similar amounts to you. It's so much easier when your family is in it with you.

The best part (the part that really encourages me to continue) is the fact that he is Type 2 diabetic and his doctor has lowered his insulin 4 times. Whenever I think of taking a day off, I think of him and keep going. As long as I keep going, I know he will too. Getting healthy is our main goal. I have just 5 pounds to go for my BMR to read "overweight" instead of "obese." That's a milestone for me.
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    wow, that looks like a totally different couple in those pictures! It's wonderful that you had each other's support. I'm sure it made a big difference.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Awesome job both of you! So nice you are able to do it together and support each other!
  • tycamsdad
    Options
    Great job! My husband and I are also on this journey together and have lost similar amounts to you. It's so much easier when your family is in it with you.

The best part (the part that really encourages me to continue) is the fact that he is Type 2 diabetic and his doctor has lowered his insulin 4 times. Whenever I think of taking a day off, I think of him and keep going. As long as I keep going, I know he will too. Getting healthy is our main goal. I have just 5 pounds to go for my BMR to read "overweight" instead of "obese." That's a milestone for me.

I remember the day well when the scales showed that I had moved from obese to overweight. I think I checked it two or three times just to be sure. Now I will be in the "normal" range when I hit my goal weight.

I am also hoping to get rid of some of my medications when I go for my annual physical next month. I have been going to the same doctor for more than 20 years so he will be shocked to see me.

Keep up the good work and cograts on your progress.
  • tycamsdad
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. We are proud of our success and are looking forward to staying healthy and enjoying all that the "empty nest" has to offer.
  • katz6910
    katz6910 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow you've both transformed completely. Well done!
  • AnotherTryLiz
    AnotherTryLiz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You both look fantastic! Congratulations on a job well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!