ladies- what is your calorie goal?

Options
13»

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    When I started losing successfully in Nov '15, I was 39 and 151 lbs (female). I set calories to 1350/day plus I would also eat back 1/2-2/3 of my exercise calories, on average. Playing around macros was really helpful for me, too, and November is when I hit on macros that worked well for me at that calorie level in terms of satiety and adherence (for me, that was LCHFAP). I had about 20 lbs to lose and it took me about 3 months to hit goal weight.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and, after the initial break-in period where it adjusted to me, I use that number to guide me. I burn, on average, 2100cals/day and I told MFP that I was going to eat 1600 calories/day to have a 1 pound/week loss. I have my Fitbit account linked so that my Fitbit knows my calorie intake, but I completely ignore "exercise calories" MFP gives me as I've already accounted for them using my Fitbit. Honestly, I completely ignore everything MFP says and use it solely for logging food.

5'2"/33/F
    SW-168
    CW-143
    GW-120
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have my calories set at 1740, which is my maintenance sedentary calorie goal. I create a deficit through exercise, so anything left in the green is my deficit for that day.

5'8
    149lbs
    age 45
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    5'6 female (46 years), 155 lbs. (goal weight: 140-145)

1600 cal/day
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I liked 1650 plus eating back 50% of intentional exercise calories (i.e. not walking around a mall/steps, but yes to Zumba or other higher intensity cardio. No to weight lifting calories - not saying they don't count, just saying I didn't input them into MFP to eat them back).

I'm 5' 6" and 28 years old (started at 24 years old) and ranged between 127 lb and 145 lbs while on MFP. I have not been perfect over the years... but I stuck to it best at 1650. I also have a desk job. I think 1650 net usually gave me around a 0.7 lb loss per week.

Now I'm trying to eat 2800 calories but am intentionally going the other way hahah. I'm reaching more like 2650 a day... and gained 0.8 lb over 13 days. But that is not useful for you!

I don't .. ... remember.. what I was going to say after that. Anyway... I'll leave it here then!

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    imgr8stmom wrote: »
    DamieBird wrote: »
    I use TDEE with a goal of 1850. I have a desk job, but I work out 4ish times a week, plus lots of walks in the evenings. I'm between 15k-18k steps a day except Sundays, when I deliberately try to stay below 5k steps. I lose about 1.5/wk. I would starve on the MFP kcals on non-exercise days, lol!
    36/F
    5'7"
    SW 217
    CW 205
    GW 155

do you eat back your excercise calories or just stay below the 1850 ?

TDEE method includes exercise burns so you wouldn't want to add extra to it.
  • IrisFlute
    IrisFlute Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    5'8" and 61 years old.
    Lightly active.
    1200 calories per day, no more than half my exercise calories eaten back, on days when I do an uphill bike ride.

I'm just doing a slight adjustment on my maintenance at the moment because I gained a few pounds during the winter. Since it's just a short period, I'm able to keep under 1200 calories. No cheat days, almost no refined carbs. I'm hungry a lot.

Started March 30 at 142
    Currently 137
    Goal: Wherever I end up on April 30, because that's the final day of this weight loss period. Then I go back to maintaining.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    imgr8stmom wrote: »
    DamieBird wrote: »
    I use TDEE with a goal of 1850. I have a desk job, but I work out 4ish times a week, plus lots of walks in the evenings. I'm between 15k-18k steps a day except Sundays, when I deliberately try to stay below 5k steps. I lose about 1.5/wk. I would starve on the MFP kcals on non-exercise days, lol!
    36/F
    5'7"
    SW 217
    CW 205
    GW 155

do you eat back your excercise calories or just stay below the 1850 ?

Sorry for the late response! TREE already accounts for excercise calories, so my goal is just 1850, regardless if level if activity that day. I run 3 miles, 3 times per week, 5 miles once per week, walk another 30-45 minutes on top if that 6 days per week, and try to stay below 5k steps on my rest day. I eat 1850, regardless :). TDEE works well for me because its so simple.
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am in the healthy weigh category for my height by about 2-3 pound and maintain on around 1600. I am a sedentary, short and weigh 133lbs. I set it to maintain my weight as I am a healthy weight so if I don't hit that and lose a few pounds very slowly then fine but if I stay the same, also fine. Just as long as I don't gain.

MFP set my maintenance at a little more but I slowly started gaining. I tightened up my logging and still gained, albeit very slowly so over time it would add up. I dropped it down by 100cals a week till I found my own maintenance level. Every few weeks I am half a pound down so I am eating at a deficit though most days am under 1600. I'll up it slightly if I get more active or if things change though.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    MFP *is* "using" TDEE at some level - it's making the same calculations.

I put in my height/weight, called myself sedentary, aimed for 1 pound a week and I don't log exercise separately. I'm not "working out" so much as I'm walking, stair-climbing, etc. (trying to raise my TDEE).

I'm 5'10" and my goal is 1700-ish.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    If you are happy with your rate of loss, stick with that number. If you aren't, just try cutting a couple of hundred calories. There is no one right number you should hit.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    1500 would probably work for me if I had and self-control or will power whatsoever. TDEE 1800.