Do you record all your fruits and veggies??

Options
13»

Replies

• crazyycatlady1
    crazyycatlady1 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I log my fruits and vegetables because sometimes I eat 300-400 calories of vegetables in a day and that is a significant chunk of my total calories. Also, it helps me understand where I'm coming in on macronutrients.

I'm in the process of switching to a more whole foods, plant based diet and veggies and fruit make up the bulk of my calories now, it all really adds up!
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Even vitamins supplements protein drinks Yes everything
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I record everything that has calories.
  • fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've occasionally skipped logging small amounts of vegetables in recipes that I know will add less than 10 calories per serving.

I have measured and weighed the green salad I usually make a few times and it's pretty much the same from day to day, so I don't measure that anymore, but I always log it. I also tend to take a container of crunchy veg to munch on at work and I don't measure that anymore because it is so standard, but I log it every time.

I know that when I was on Weight Watchers (a bazillion years ago), vegetables were "free" when they were eaten alone, but you counted them when you put recipes into their calculator. I didn't eat the volume of veggies then that I do now so I could get away with it I guess. Now I'd rather log everything and be a little over my calories for the day than not. That way if I do hit a plateau I can look back over my history and have accurate information to use for decision making.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of vegetables. The calories add up. Of course I log them. Yesterday I ate over 300 calories in veggies.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    When I look at my weight trends and something looks unusual (stalled weight loss or a gain) I want to go back and look at my diary....if it's not all recorded then I can't get an accurate picture of what I was eating and what was affecting my weight in different ways. I just think it's helpful to be as accurate as possible. Once comfortably in maintenance I may not, but certainly during weight loss and settling into maintenance:)