Options
124»

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    harcar2016 wrote: »
    I just tried for the first time... I did a shot of Apple cider vinegar... It made me super nauseous with cold sweats. Made me feel like I had the flu.... Urgh is this normal?

You need a reputable supplier, don't buy it off the street.

Also if you take the 'miracle berry' first, it is supposed to go down easier.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synsepalum_dulcificum

I don't personally use ACV
  • Nixi3Knox
    Nixi3Knox Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Nixi3Knox wrote: »
    I literally was just curious about it. I heard it has quite a bit of health benefits. No need to argue with others, if you dont see the benefit just dont do it.

You should mix it with 1-2 tbs of honey. It will give you energy like you wouldn't believe. I don't understand all the negative comments about ACV. The benefits of using ACV are amazing! Why do athletes drink pickle juice? The vinegar gives a boost of energy. Look it up.

You can't be serious? There are NO benefits to drinking vinegar. Science, the countless studies on acv tells us that.

You know what boosts energy in that drink? The sugar from the honey. Yes, honey is sugar too.

The "negative"comments come from those who have done their scientific and/or personal research. They understand exactly how fat loss and digestion works. Why would ingesting a weaker acid than what stomach acid is be helpful to digestion? I think stomach acid has got this.

Tell that to my gallbladder. Apple Cider Vinegar dissolved my gallstones. No it is not an overnight miracle, it is an accumulated result that takes time and patience. Instead of opting for surgery I opted for a natural remedy. I would do it again if need be.

I'd try but gallbladders aren't great at assessing causation.

Since gallstones do not magically dissolve on their own that should tell you something. My medical scans do not lie.
  • SashaQ1381
    SashaQ1381 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

I use it since almost 3+ years now. It has done wonders for my body, my blood sugar, my pregnancy, hair, nails, face, energy, bloating, etc. :)

When I stop using it because I ran out, or just don't feel like it, I can really feel the drastic drop in energy, bloating, and pimples from way back in high school come back for a reunion! :#

The first time I had it, I also took a shot and that was the worst idea ever! So since then I dilute 2 oz of ACV + 8 oz of lukewarm water +1 tblsp honey. I drink it every morning, frequently in the evenings or nights. And during my pregnancy, I had it 3 times a day. (Helped curtail the nasty morning sickness. It sounds counter-intuitive, but that, and protein worked like a charm!)
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I literally was just curious about it. I heard it has quite a bit of health benefits. No need to argue with others, if you dont see the benefit just dont do it.

You should mix it with 1-2 tbs of honey. It will give you energy like you wouldn't believe. I don't understand all the negative comments about ACV. The benefits of using ACV are amazing! Why do athletes drink pickle juice? The vinegar gives a boost of energy. Look it up.

You can't be serious? There are NO benefits to drinking vinegar. Science, the countless studies on acv tells us that.

You know what boosts energy in that drink? The sugar from the honey. Yes, honey is sugar too.

The "negative"comments come from those who have done their scientific and/or personal research. They understand exactly how fat loss and digestion works. Why would ingesting a weaker acid than what stomach acid is be helpful to digestion? I think stomach acid has got this.

Tell that to my gallbladder. Apple Cider Vinegar dissolved my gallstones. No it is not an overnight miracle, it is an accumulated result that takes time and patience. Instead of opting for surgery I opted for a natural remedy. I would do it again if need be.

I'd try but gallbladders aren't great at assessing causation.

Since gallstones do not magically dissolve on their own that should tell you something. My medical scans do not lie.

It tells me that it was caused by something, and there are many established possibilities. It does not tell me that apple cider vinegar was the cause. The nature of confounding variables, the notoriously cargo-cult nature of trying to anecdotally figure out what really caused what when it comes to changes in ones body, and lack of ability for science to establish that apple cider vinegar can even do that tell me that this doesn't tell me particularly much about what did it.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    SashaQ1381 wrote: »
    I use it since almost 3+ years now. It has done wonders for my body, my blood sugar, my pregnancy, hair, nails, face, energy, bloating, etc. :)

When I stop using it because I ran out, or just don't feel like it, I can really feel the drastic drop in energy, bloating, and pimples from way back in high school come back for a reunion! :#

The first time I had it, I also took a shot and that was the worst idea ever! So since then I dilute 2 oz of ACV + 8 oz of lukewarm water +1 tblsp honey. I drink it every morning, frequently in the evenings or nights. And during my pregnancy, I had it 3 times a day. (Helped curtail the nasty morning sickness. It sounds counter-intuitive, but that, and protein worked like a charm!)

:sick:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I heard of drinking ACV for weight loss. I experienced nausea as a result too. I looked into it and some suggested on diluting it with water and maybe adding honey and cinnamon. goodluck!

Hint.....these things don't help with weightloss.

Well.... nausea can? ;)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Lol, people will avoid doing so many things even if it's good for you...........................except when it comes to weight loss. Then all bets are off the table. :D:D

ACV has nothing to do with weight loss. Tastes good if you like to eat it with cucumbers or for me with tocino, rice and eggs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options
    I just tried for the first time... I did a shot of Apple cider vinegar... It made me super nauseous with cold sweats. Made me feel like I had the flu.... Urgh is this normal?

Personally, I wouldn't eat/drink anything that did that to me, unless it was an unavoidable prescribed drug for a serious condition.

I like ACV taste-wise, and I've drunk shots of ACV (for low digestive acids & for the probiotics). While meticulously tracking calories & weight loss, there was zero difference in weight loss between weeks at a time when I drank it, and weeks at a time when I didn't. I saw no difference in energy or appetite, either. Placebo effect is strong, though.

Seriously, life is too short to consume things that make you super nauseated and cause cold sweats.